Life Got Complicated

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great news Charles I'm sure you are both able to breath a lot easier with all that weight of your shoulders. I know it's not completely over but hopefully monitoring will be all that's needed in the future

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
F yeah, that is F'ing fantastic news!
And I use those vulgarities in the best exclamatory way possible.

The news is wonderful so far!
I know she is elated, both of you are.
So much still to deal with but it isn't dealing with what may have been a horrifying way to go.

More prayers for the best going out to your wife and you.

Charles, I'm sorry to have shown up to this thread so late - not sure how I missed it...

Very sorry for the stress and troubles you and your wife have been through of late...but sounds like you've received some positive news! Thank God for answered prayers!

Hang in there, Brother, and much love, prayer, and well wishes to you and your wife from Oklahoma!

Red

tremendous with many sleepless nights. Now finally we/I can breath easier. My desire to cook and fish has returned so watch out.

This is great news for Sheila and yourself. Like said by others , stress level now down a bit .
And you guys can now again enjoy some almost normal days and nights.

We are so happy for you both

David and Mona

• Love
OK, an update. As I mentioned in an earlier post, she has a bunch of tests done regularly, but there are 4, which the results combined, give a number...a MELD score. That number is an indication of the urgency for a liver transplant, at 15, she goes on the list. Initially her number was 6, in December, it went to 7. Now last week, it went to 8. Yes, I'm worried at the rate of increase, she's very matter-of-fact about it...it is what it is and we'll deal with it. Her doctor has started her on yet another drug that he thinks will help slow the progression, but it comes with its own side affects...

OK, an update. As I mentioned in an earlier post, she has a bunch of tests done regularly, but there are 4, which the results combined, give a number...a MELD score. That number is an indication of the urgency for a liver transplant, at 15, she goes on the list. Initially her number was 6, in December, it went to 7. Now last week, it went to 8. Yes, I'm worried at the rate of increase, she's very matter-of-fact about it...it is what it is and we'll deal with it. Her doctor has started her on yet another drug that he thinks will help slow the progression, but it comes with its own side affects...
Yall hang in there bud. My mother in law has the same fatty liver thing. I don’t know what her scores are but she goes to the doc a lot. You’ve not wavered in checking in on me and I appreciate that more than you know. I’m here for you as well. Whatever I can do consider it done……..unless you want to have a drinking contest lol. I’m not ready for that yet!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Charles! Can't even imagine what it's like... good thing you have your zoo of hug givers!

Ryan

Charles sorry to read that update I certainly hope and will pray for both of you that it slows or better yet stops going up at all. Tell her to keep fighting and never quit

Charles sorry to read that update I certainly hope and will pray for both of you that it slows or better yet stops going up at all. Tell her to keep fighting and never quit
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate that and will tell her. Good chatting last night...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky