Some heavy weather coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The warmest I will be seeing things until about Wednesday.

1705082092083.png

It was about 20 this morning but went to about 45, started dropping and is about 39 now, wont surprise me if it snows tonight

The high wind advisory was upgraded to a high wind warning for parts of central KY but my area is just now getting a little wind now that the warning has about expired. We are still under a wind advisory for tonight and into tomorrow.

Reactions: gmc2003
Anyone in the northeast remember the nor'easter of 1969? Fun times!

I was 8 .. And lived between Buffalo/Rochester...A few miles from Lake Ontario... Snowmobiles were a blast... Then a few years later (77)... All roads were impassable, Snowmobiles were only transportation.... A semi/trailer was burried in a snow drift... From one end to the other... Being smartass kids... We rode snowmobiles up over the rig long ways... No damage was done... LOL...

I was 8 .. And lived between Buffalo/Rochester... Snowmobiles were a blast... Then a few years later (77)... All roads were impassable, Snowmobiles were only transportation.... A semi/trailer was burried in a snow drift... Being smartass kids... We rode snowmobiles up over the rig long ways... No damage was done... LOL...
I remember 77 - I was 19 years old and Buffalo was buried in 117-inches of snow in places. At the time, I drove a plow for the NY State Thruway between Nyack and Newburgh, and I came awful close to being sent to Buffalo with the plow, which would have been a heck of a drive... Thankfully, bureaucracy moves so slow that Buffalo dug itself out before any word to go was reached.

I miss real winter!

Reactions: JLeonard
Real winter is but a minor inconvenience when you are up north where they are equipped to deal with it (I grew up in northern NJ). When it happens in the south, it turns into a major issue where even interstate highways can be shut down for weeks.
Calling for 8in snow and below zero temps here starting Sunday night then another round of snow starting Thursday. Will definitely keep us locked down up in these hills.

Calling for 8in snow and below zero temps here starting Sunday night then another round of snow starting Thursday. Will definitely keep us locked down up in these hills.
Last I checked, we are supposed to get around 3 inches Monday and another inch Thurs.

In the winter of 1969 I was 8 years old. It was our first full winter in VT. We have pictures of my dad on our roof shoveling the snow off(he was 6'0 and the snow on our roof was thigh high). We never saw or experienced anything like it when we lived in NY or NJ. Burlington's streets were completely shut down to cars. Only snowmobiles were allowed. I learned how to shovel in a hurry that year.

Chris

Man I miss the good ole days...

We lived in a three story apartment house on Gatling Place in Bay Ridge that my grandfather owned. Two of my fondest memories from that time were. One, crawling down two flights of stairs to my grandmothers apartment for her baked beans, and two being attached to a harness on the clothes line so I could ride my tricycle up and down the driveway and not venture out onto the main road.

Lucky you... Started shoveling as soon as I could hold one... The smaller one for kids...
LOL I made up for it by shoveling snow until 1980 when I moved out of the house. Dad didn't buy his first snow blower until I was gone. Lets not forget mowing the yard with one of these.
1705099708865.png

Chris

I'm too old for the manual stuff.

Chris

We lived in a three story apartment house on Gatling Place in Bay Ridge that my grandfather owned. Two of my fondest memories from that time were. One, crawling down two flights of stairs to my grandmothers apartment for her baked beans, and two being attached to a harness on the clothes line so I could ride my tricycle up and down the driveway and not venture out onto the main road.

LOL I made up for it by shoveling snow until 1980 when I moved out of the house. Dad didn't buy his first snow blower until I was gone. Lets not forget mowing the yard with one of these.
View attachment 685614

Chris
Back in early 60's my father took three of those reel mowers and hooked then all together and I cut 3/4 acre of grass with that rig pulled behind a Rototiller.

100% 1) it's too damn cold and 2) as the Coast guard says the only safe ice is the ice you don't go out on
Ever been through the ice? Its life changing lol! Fell through in a "crick" when I was a kid! That is a whole new level of cold! So was the 1/2 mile walk home! Had to try skipping and jogging to keep internal heat up and keep my clothes from completely freezing! So glad to get home, just to be called a dumbass anf get yelled at by my dad! :emoji_angry::emoji_laughing: Well, thats how we learned back in my day lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky