Some 28-day Dry Aged NY's Umai

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Today is day 28! Yea! Approx 10 lbs worth. :emoji_grin:
Seasoned now, and going into a hot CI pan with butter.
20221223_140750.jpg
20221223_143850.jpg
20221223_142254.jpg
20221223_150250.jpg

Case??
Good looking steaks! Takes a $10 to about a $50 steak. Waiting for the taste results!
I have done one NY and am getting ready to seal another up tonight or tomorrow.
I will probably go about 35-40 days.
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: jcam222
Wow! Those look awesome. I'm diggin' the knife. Got one just like it.
Man ! Those look great . Old hickory knife ?
Yep, Old Hickory. I always liked the one that the BBQ Pit Boys used. Got this one on Amazon for a very reasonable price, and I keep it sharp as heck.
How did it turn out?
Fantastic. I pan-seared it in butter to a perfect medium. As it has lost some water, it's a little stiffer than a normal steak, but the flavor can't be beat. And this was just a couple Choice NY loins. If I had shelled out for some Prime or Wagyu, I'm sure the flavor would be through the moon.
Please pardon the sloppy plating. I was in a hurry to get to eating.
20221223_175330.jpg

Last edited:
Case??
Good looking steaks! Takes a $10 to about a $50 steak. Waiting for the taste results!
I have done one NY and am getting ready to seal another up tonight or tomorrow.
I will probably go about 35-40 days.
Thanks for posting.
I think the last time I did this, I aged one at 28 days, and another for 35. My friends and I agreed that 28 seemed to be the sweet spot. But then again, I've done a couple fantastic 60-day briskets, so I guess it's just up to individual tastes.

Wow! That’s killer! I’m sure the flavor was incredible!!! Awesome work for an amazing meal!

Yep, Old Hickory.
We used to use them for cutting Thermafiber and Rockwool batts .
The floor stop was 6 " thick and those worked perfect . They're sharp knives . I have it here somewhere .

Great looking meal .

Yep, Old Hickory. I always liked the one that the BBQ Pit Boys used. Got this one on Amazon for a very reasonable price, and I keep it sharp as heck.

Fantastic. I pan-seared it in butter to a perfect medium. As it has lost some water, it's a little stiffer than a normal steak, but the flavor can't be beat. And this was just a couple Choice NY loins. If I had shelled out for some Prime or Wagyu, I'm sure the flavor would be through the moon.
Please pardon the sloppy plating. I was in a hurry to get to eating.View attachment 652181
Sure doesn’t look sloppy to me! Looks awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky