Prime NY and Seared Portabella Marsala

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So I was out shopping with my wife at Costco a couple of days ago and she comes over after looking at the meat with these and says, I know you have a freezer full of NY's at the moment but these look toooooo goooood not to take home.......I agreed :-)...I grilled them up last night
IMG_7548.jpeg

Seasoned them up like the beach (1.5 inches thick & about 14oz each) with a blend of Webers Steak and Chop and Kinders Buttery Onion......These make a tasty combination!
IMG_7549.jpeg

Sliced some whole portabellas and scored them for presentation....
IMG_7550.jpeg

The bellas got hot seared up in the HC pan....
IMG_7551.jpeg

Now the plate, the NY was sliced and placed over a bed of beef marsala and paired with some pan finished greens, Idaho russet, and garnished with some grated parm and fresh copped herbs....
IMG_7552.jpeg

Per beef marsala $$$
IMG_7554.jpeg

Now that is a beautiful plate of goodness right there!

The hatch marks on the mushrooms have me stumped. We make these a lot, please educate me on how they help

edit to add: OOPS missed the "for presentation" part... :emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
There's a fungus among us, and even with that the whole plate looks fantastic Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Plate looks fantastic. Nice work.
Thanks SE! I intended on a simple plate but it grew to a feast.....it was a single meal day!
Oh man what a played shot. Looks good!
Many thanks SUPN! The plate got messed up pretty quickly!

The hatch marks on the mushrooms have me stumped. We make these a lot, please educate me on how they help

edit to add: OOPS missed the "for presentation" part... :emoji_sunglasses:
Much appreciated CB! Oh yes the hatch marks.... it's all for vanity sake.... but some say vanity tastes good too......LOL

Yeap! Great looking dish!
Many thanks push!

There's a fungus among us, and even with that the whole plate looks fantastic Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! and ah yes the fungus did attack, but the rest helped make them taste ok in the end....LOL

and Yes I know fugus is not among your taste buds points!

Reactions: gmc2003
Plate looks fantastic. Nice work.

Oh man what a played shot. Looks good!

Yeap! Great looking dish!

As always a great looking plate of greatness!

Jim
I agree completely, absolutely fantastic looking plate!! And I'm sure it tastes better than it looks. I can make food that tastes good, at least I think so, but I don't have the creative mindset to make a plate LOOK good...

Reactions: JLeonard
Civil that looks Awesome!! Beautiful steaks, a favorite of mine for sure!! Not a huge shroom fan but I would have eaten those!!

As always a great looking plate of greatness!

Jim
Thanks Jim!
I agree completely, absolutely fantastic looking plate!! And I'm sure it tastes better than it looks. I can make food that tastes good, at least I think so, but I don't have the creative mindset to make a plate LOOK good...
Much appreciated GS! what can I say....food speaks to me......but way back in my younger days putting together an average of 350 plates a week for almost 7 years might have an impact on muscle memory.....LOL
Yes, those would have come home with me too. As the rest have said, that is a great looking plate of food

Me neither. I am definitely challenged when it comes to creativity. I can not even color with crayons lol
Thanks SA! by the way I can't color with crayons either......LOL
Outstanding plate civil! Wonderful presentation as usual!
Many thanks swamp! Red meat over gravy is always a thing in my book!
Civil that looks Awesome!! Beautiful steaks, a favorite of mine for sure!! Not a huge shroom fan but I would have eaten those!!
Thanks Redi! I don't remember when I got addicted to steak an shrooms but its been a paring for a long time. Not everyone in our house likes shrooms so that's why they get seared separate from the sauce.... but over the years we have grown to appreciate the harder sear when the top a steak vs being in the sauce....

Reactions: Redicans
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky