Solo Stove Pi pizza oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love burnt Pizza,
You should have been here .
I need to adjust the dough for the high temp cook . I had upped the sugar to help browning in a 450 oven . Needs less hydration too . Cooking the sausage from raw on the pizza adds a bunch of flavor .
Thanks for the comment Mike .

Reactions: MJB05615
that raw sausage is so me!!! Thanks for the foil idea. Stealing that.
Oh yeah . Going on raw is the way to go . That sausage sizzled up in 30 seconds at those temps .
Non stick foil . Dull side up . Just pull it out after the bottom sets . When using the house oven I pre heat the stones for an hour . You can also use parchment at house oven temps .
Pizza oven temps will torch parchment paper .

Reactions: zwiller
You can also use parchment at house oven temps .
That's what I do (and preheat). 550F convection and broiler halfway is pretty darn good but no go in the summer. My wife would faint watching me eat that sausage pie going in raw LOL No BS those are like EXACTLY how we like ours done.

Reactions: chopsaw
550F convection and broiler halfway is pretty darn good .
I agree . I have the oven low / high / broiler pizza figured out . I use 450 . Start low , then go high under the broiler .
2 results of that . It's really hard to beat .
20210628_182520.jpg
20210628_182623.jpg

Back at some pizza today . I made an adjustment on the dough . I was tweaking it to work better in the house oven , by adding more sugar to the dough . Helps it take color at 450 .
I was using the same mix at higher temps , and it got to dark to fast .
So I mixed some 00 KA flour last week , and did it exactly per their instructions . Fermented 5 days .
Sauce is crushed canned Roma tomatoes , raw garlic and fresh picked basil . Spun up in the food processor . Sauce cooks on the pizza . I look for the can that has California on the label .
20230802_121923.jpg
My fresh motz had some mold on it . So had to go with store bought shredded . Using up some pepperoni that was at date .
20230802_122047.jpg

Temp was around 650 when It went in . Launched on foil . Bottom sets I pull the foil out .
Added some fresh basil at the end and went back in the oven just for a bit .
20230802_123229.jpg
Pictures are washed out a bit , and the very tip of the dough was a bit
under cooked . Nothing negative though . It was really good .
The dough is the star . Better cheese and Pepperoni would be great ,
but it was so good .
20230802_123413.jpg 20230802_123419.jpg
I was trying not to eat these last 2 pieces ,,, they didn't make it .
20230802_123707.jpg

2nd half of the dough was just sauce cheese and a couple basil leaves . Bottom was perfect . Doesn't look like much , but less is more with this . Wish I had some sausage thawed . I think I have the dough and the cook temps figured out .
20230802_125205.jpg

The dough cooked in the pizza oven carries a ton of flavor . You're right , doesn't need much . I like a loaded up pizza , but that's a whole different method for me .

heard great things about Solo Stove products
The pizza oven is great . It's the only one I've used , but really like it with the propane burner .
Can't see the sense in using the woodfired function of it though .

Been making a lot of pizza since the last post .
Sausage pepperoni . Sausage cooks raw on the pizza .
20230830_175213.jpg
It's so good .
20230830_180229.jpg
He's been doing a Pecorino Romano cheese pizza that is just fantastic .
Fresh motz goes on the bottom first , then he drops the sauce on top by spoonfuls .
Then adds the shredded pecorino .
20231020_175711.jpg
He's also been buying sticks of pepperoni and cutting it into cubes .
I was thinking WHAT ! I have to say it works for some reason .
20230929_180409.jpg
Another Pecorino . That stuff has great flavor .
20230929_180411.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky