Solo Stove Pi pizza oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Anyone been around one of these ? Wood fired , but they sell a propane burner for it .
1686347483829.png
The store my Son works at gets this type of thing for displays . Usually in the liquor dept.
When the display is over they auction them off to employees . He won the auction on this for $125.00 . About a third of retail on sale .
So he bought the propane burner and a nice cover for it .
It seems to be well built . Any info or experience ?

It's pretty nice . They also had a Pit Boss 850 Pro pellet grill that went for $169.00 .
They always have some nice neon bar lights , and local sports team related stuff .
He said the next items are there already . An Ooni pizza oven and some Yeti coolers .
With Jerseys for the new Soccer team and some neon lights .

Looks pretty cool Chop! I've ditched all my "other" brand coolers for Engel and Yeti (just picked up a roadie 24 with Cabela's points), I have a full fleet of yeti tumblers the 30 oz with handles are the bomb!

Looks pretty cool Chop! I've ditched all my "other" brand coolers for Engel and Yeti (just picked up a roadie 24 with Cabela's points), I have a full fleet of yeti tumblers the 30 oz with handles are the bomb!

Got a full fleet of yeti’s as well. Tumblers and colsters. Two of the zip bag coolers. Work awesome!

As far as the pizza oven goes I have never seen one but looks pretty damn cool. Check out YouTube for some videos maybe. Bet it makes a great pie.

looks pretty damn cool. Check out YouTube for some videos
Seems to be a good design . Sure can't beat the price . I'll have to stay out of the way and let Ryan get it figured out . I found a guy on Youtube that did a good review . Knocked out some great looking pizzas . Had the first mishap . Burnt and lost the toppings . That's pretty normal for this .

I'd bet you'll be producing some top notch pies out of that unit in o time Rich, looks well built. RAY
We've talked about having the oven nailed down . I have a feeling this will up the game a bit once he gets it figured out . He's in about $300.00 , but that's less than half of what it goes for on sale .
Had the oven / broiler method coming out pretty good .
1686417239266.png

Seems to be a good design . Sure can't beat the price . I'll have to stay out of the way and let Ryan get it figured out . I found a guy on Youtube that did a good review . Knocked out some great looking pizzas . Had the first mishap . Burnt and lost the toppings . That's pretty normal for this .

We've talked about having the oven nailed down . I have a feeling this will up the game a bit once he gets it figured out . He's in about $300.00 , but that's less than half of what it goes for on sale .
Had the oven / broiler method coming out pretty good .
View attachment 667532
That looks delicious!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks delicious!
Haven't used the pizza oven yet . Maybe tomorrow . That pizza was one from the oven . Comes out pretty good , but it's a process . Be nice to do it all in one shot to get those results .
I have 2 batches of 00 pizza dough in the fridge since yesterday .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice score! Looking forward to some delicious looking pies once he gets it figured out.
I can smell the fermenting dough in the fridge....

Nice score! Looking forward to some delicious looking pies once he gets it figured out.
I can smell the fermenting dough in the fridge....
I got one batch out to warm up . Takes a good while to get to room temp . It does smell good . We'll see if the burner shows up today .

Reactions: motocrash
Rich that is a great score! Like said above, looks like a great quality, and I'm looking forward to see some delicious pies. The one from your over/broiler method looks like perfection.

Nice score Rich no doubt you and your son will have that mastered in no time.

Chris

Is that the same folks that make the smokeless fire pits I see advertised?
Look forward to see what it put out.

Jim

Your probably not going to like it! Ill take it off of your hands for you for what you got in it plus $25.00...........

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
curious how the oven works out
My goodness . We came into this with some knowledge of making pizza , so had a jump on the learning curve and knew what to expect with the basics , just needed to learn the oven .
Had 5 day fermented homemade dough .
Fermented store bought dough
and homemade dough made this morning and left at room temp until used .
Here's how it went .
Got the propane burner installed 20230612_150925.jpg
and fired up to burn out .
20230612_154308.jpg
We did some small test pizzas to start . Oven wasn't quite hot enough for the first one .
All the same we scarfed it , no pics .
Here's number 2 . Just getting the feel for what it will do . Light toppings .
Oven was screaming hot at this point .
20230612_175147.jpg
No. 3 . He cuts his ingredients to big for me , but in all honesty
with the intense heat it worked better than thin .
20230612_180723.jpg
No. 4 . Stone temp was around 850 in the center .
20230612_180813.jpg

This thing is screamin hot . I had it pulled out to the opening .
20230612_181015.jpg
Bottom looks pretty good .
20230612_182113.jpg
No. 5 . Turned the heat down and let it cool off , then turned it back up .
20230612_182121.jpg
Don't let that char fool you . No burnt taste . All the dough was fantastic .
The fermented dough needs that intense heat .
20230612_182224.jpg
20230612_182232.jpg
I didn't get the dough out of the fridge in time , and it didn't want to stretch as good
as normal , but the taste and texture was the best . Just crazy how much that oven
improves something that was already pretty good .
20230612_183848.jpg
This is the only pizza oven I've used besides the one for my kettle , but I really
like the design of this one . I can't see using wood . I'm sure it adds something , but
it was so much easier to adjust the propane and the flavor was really good .
It's certainly and improvement over the oven . Now I need to get it set up in a dedicated spot , so we can walk out , uncover and cook pizza .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky