Smoking Ribs in advance.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeremyc50

Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Hey guys. My plan is to smoke 16lbs of ribs on Sunday for a party we are going to on Monday. I am smoking baby backs using the 2-2-1 method. My thought was to cook using a 2-2-.5 method then add sauce and reheat them on the grill the next day for a half hour.

Any thoughts? If I had time I would smoke them Monday morning but I do not.

To make it clear they will have to spend the night in the fridge... ??

I have never tried it that way for fear of drying out the meat. I have had good results by smoking them until they're finished then wrap in foil and put in the fridge then the next day just toss them in the oven on a cookie sheet still wrapped in foil and reheat for an hour or so in the 250 to 300 degree range. If I'm saucing them I ususally toss them on the grill to finish them off but lately they have so good they don't even need sauce.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

The 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 is just a basis of the times used to smoke ribs. Now you can change them as you feel the need. I smoke my spares more like 3-1 1/4- .45 and I do my baby back 2-1 12-1 so you can change yours to what ever you want.

AK1... That might not be a bad idea either. Probably a better idea really

I have never tried it that way for fear of drying out the meat. I have had good results by smoking them until they're finished then wrap in foil and put in the fridge then the next day just toss them in the oven on a cookie sheet still wrapped in foil and reheat for an hour or so in the 250 to 300 degree range. If I'm saucing them I ususally toss them on the grill to finish them off but lately they have so good they don't even need sauce.
biggrin.gif
I have done it this way also, in a covered foil pan, 250F for an hour. Then on to the grill if you want (or not) with sauce (or not).
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky