Smoking pork butt the day before

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think that if you can do a pork butt the day or two before it's perfect. What has worked really well for me is to smoke it, let it cool to a reasonable temp, then shred and taste it as pitmaster privileges'. Once it cools from there to about room temp I put it in a vac seal bag and pop it in the fridge. On the day of the event I put it in my Instant Pot on the sous vide setting about about 145. After an hour or two it is perfect serving temp and you can just plop it into a serving dish of your choosing from there when you are ready to eat. Tastes the same as the first day.

G
Using the vacuum sealer and the hot water bath is the best option there is. Even if you freeze it for 6 months and then toss it in the water bath it will be as juicy and smoky and delicious as it was minutes after you pulled it.

Almost any meat can be done this way. In a pinch (or hurry) I'll even toss the bag in a big bowl with hot water and toss it in the microwave for 5 or 6 minutes. Fresh tasting amazing BBQ from the microwave? Who'd have thought!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky