Smoked Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tsonka

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 19, 2016
Wichita, Kansas
Been awhile since I have posted. I am a frequent outdoor cooker, frequent reader of this site but infrequent or in spurts forum posting person

I have been itching to get the Yoder Wichita Loaded out, but the older I get, the less motivated I am to babysit a 250deg stick burner for 8 hours in 100deg summer heat

Today I broke out the R2-D2 for a 2.5 expected hour Smoked Chicken cook with Apple Wood

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

Chicken brined in Slaughterhouse Brine for 5-6 hours, roughly rinsed, skin pulled back, rub sprinkled on the meat and skin placed back over the meat

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

I brine my poultry in a 5 gal bucket of very cold but not ice water, uncovered in my kitchen ... The aroma of Slaughterhouse brine smells So Good!

My screen says it looks really good.

Point for sure.

Chris

Looks fantastically perfect to me! I don't know how you can wait 1.5-2 hours after pulling them off though. :rolleyes:
Thighs are my fave! Like!

I let it rest before pulling to cool down a bit so I can pull it by hand, that long before pulling it because I want ready for dinner yet

Reactions: nanuk
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky