Sloppy “Does”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Sloppy “Does”

Just Like Sloppy Joes, but with Deerburger!! This batch came from a Small Doe from 2018 (only about 90 pounds).

We’ve been using Manwich for our Sloppy Joes since it came out, back in 1969, and We Both Love it.
I’ve had a few from homemade Batches of Sloppy Joes, and I still prefer this stuff. I haven’t tried to make any better because we Love this stuff, especially with my Deerburger, and it’s so easy to make.

So My Deerburger is 50% Venison, 25% Beef, and 25% Pork. (Plus a little Worcestershire sauce)

We just Brown the Deerburger in a Big Pan & add Manwich, while stirring it in a good & Hot Pan. Then we let it simmer for maybe 20 minutes.
Then I add some Frank’s Hot Sauce to mine, and Sometimes some Hot Pepper Rings, like below.

Enjoy the Pics!!

Bear

One pack of Deerburger Mix from the 2018 Season:
IMG_4938.jpg

Browned & Simmering, mixed with Manwich:
IMG_4941.jpg

Two Open Faced for Da Bear, with some good shots of Frank's RedHot:
IMG_4939.jpg

Closer Look!! (That's all Frank's on top)
IMG_4940.jpg

Next night's Supper, with Hot Pepper Rings:
IMG_4943.jpg

BearView:
IMG_4944.jpg

Great sammies Bear! We use venison in ours a lot too. Manwich is good stuff we always have a few cans in the pantry. We usually use the original but also like the "bold" and the "chunky".

Nice, we like Sloppy, Joe's Grandson who is 22 loves them
Look great to me

Gary

I love sloppy joe's! I have not had manwich for years. I am going to pull out some Venison and give it a try.
Thanks!

-Jason

Nice variety of sammies there. Gotta get my venison burger ( 1/2 deer, 1/2 lean pork ) mixed and seasoned soon. I see these in near future

Boy howdy Bear, I'd sure love to be diggin' into a couple of those sammies, Like! RAY

yes sir my friend, they do look tasty. i'm going to have to try some frank's on some sloppy joe's, never even thought about it.

Great sammies Bear! We use venison in ours a lot too. Manwich is good stuff we always have a few cans in the pantry. We usually use the original but also like the "bold" and the "chunky".

Thank You Travis!!
Appreciate it.

Bear

Love me some sloppy Joe's . I've been making my own sauce , but the original Manwich is the best !
Like the Franks on there , and the peppers .
Nice meals .

Looks good bear! Love sloppy Joe's or does, and they are properly named...no matter what half ends up back on the plate.

Ryan

Nice Bear, We have Manwich a couple times a year. It also a good reheat.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky