Honey Sriracha Sloppy Joes on Hawaiian Buns, Homemade Apple Coleslaw, Homemade Peach Ice Cream

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Watched LSU win against Florida tonight in Game 1 of the CWS with the guys at the firehouse. Tonight's meal was outstanding! Kinda winged it...little of this, little of that loosely following an inspiration from a different recipe. This turned out excellent!

IMG_20230624_172941.jpg

I added a little extra Sriracha on mine!!!
IMG_20230624_172947.jpg

Honey Sriracha Sloppy Joes

16 Kings Hawaiian hamburger buns
Colby Jack cheese

4# ground beef
1/8 c. bacon grease
1 medium onion small dice
1/2 bell pepper small dice
(1) 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
(1) 14.5oz can tomato paste
1 c. Honey
1/4c. Ketchup
2TBSPS. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
1 squeeze bottle Tabasco Brand Sriracha sauce (the whole bottle)

In a 2-3gal. pot heat bacon grease on med. high heat. Saute' onion and bell pepper 5-8 minutes. Add ground beef and brown thoroughly. Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stir in and cook 5 -8 minutes. Add remainder of ingredients, stir in and reduce to simmer. Toast buns (optional) and serve with coleslaw either on the side or on the sandwich.

This meal has been added to the "quick and easy" file on the firehouse menu rotation....Very good!

Oh and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

We make Sloppy Joes every couple months and always searching for new idea, thanks for sharing.

Looks fantastic!

Dave

Great lookin' meal Keith! I keep forgetting to add a little apple when I make slaw, really gives a nice touch. I've been watching the CWS, not a big fan of any team left. RAY

That looks ridiculously tasty.! I love sloppy joes... also sriracha and honey. I'll have to scale that down and try it.

First 3 demerits for no ice cream pics ... :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Really just a wonderful plate of food there Keith, i'm a sloppy joe lover from way back
And those sir are top notch, and sounds like good flavours , will be trying

Sorry lol, 3 Demerits given back for the link of the post of before ice cream, lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Looks great!! I already told my neighbor last night I was craving the sloppy joes I made awhile back, this really kicked that craving up a notch!

Yum sloppy joe! Hard to beat, did you do anything special for the apple slaw?

I like that. Sloppy Joes are one of our favorites. Bet the peach ice cream was great too.

Yum sloppy joe! Hard to beat, did you do anything special for the apple slaw?
Thanks Civil!

Cabbage
carrot
1 sweet red apple (gala, fiji, honey crisp....)

Dressing:
3/4 cup. mayo
juice of one lemon
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 TBSPS. white sugar
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

mix well....dice apple and add to dressing to keep from turning brown. toss the slaw right before serving.

Love me some sloppy Joe's and those look good! The best Hobo Pie I ever made was with some left over sloppy joe.

We make Sloppy Joes every couple months and always searching for new idea, thanks for sharing.

Looks fantastic!

Dave

I'd be all over that .

Great lookin' meal Keith! I keep forgetting to add a little apple when I make slaw, really gives a nice touch. I've been watching the CWS, not a big fan of any team left. RAY

That looks ridiculously tasty.! I love sloppy joes... also sriracha and honey. I'll have to scale that down and try it.

Great looking meal for watching some baseball!

Jim

First 3 demerits for no ice cream pics ... :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Really just a wonderful plate of food there Keith, i'm a sloppy joe lover from way back
And those sir are top notch, and sounds like good flavours , will be trying

Sorry lol, 3 Demerits given back for the link of the post of before ice cream, lol

David

Looks very good Keith! I love sloppy Joes. And these are a neat twist.

Looks great!! I already told my neighbor last night I was craving the sloppy joes I made awhile back, this really kicked that craving up a notch!

I like that. Sloppy Joes are one of our favorites. Bet the peach ice cream was great too.

Thanks Guys!!

My bib is on, pass one of those Joes my way. They look great Inda

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky