Should I Cancel or should I not.... MEAT Your Maker Disaster.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougrkyle

Original poster
Nov 25, 2023
So 11-25 I pulled the trigger, Bought a .5HP dual Grind from MEAT Your Maker and a meat mixer from another vendor. Come Monday morning I get a shipping notice for my meat mixer and it shows up on Wed. Come Thursday NO word from MYM. So I send an email to customer service, and also start doing some more research and find out that they say (in FAQ) by 5 business days you will receive a shipping confirmation. So Tuesday rolls around (7 business days) and still nothing so I call. Get put in a que with 5 inline. After an hour and a half I choose the option to have someone call me back when they are available. That happens Wed afternoon around 1pm. I am advised that it should ship in 10-13 business days. But he expects its possible it will Friday or Monday. Well those two days have passed and no shipment confirmation yet. They had no issue charging my CC the second I clicked BUY. Makes me wonder if this company has cash flow issues and needs the cash to just purchase the product to sell and is waiting on it to come in. IF that's the case will they be in business to support the product? Seems its pretty standard for a business to charge your CC when the order is processed and shipped.
I am at the point of just canceling and ordering a LEM.

Last edited:
So 11-25 I pulled the trigger, Bought a .5HP dual Grind from MEAT Your Maker and a meat mixer from another vendor. Come Monday morning I get a shipping notice for my meat mixer and it shows up on Wed. Come Thursday NO word from MYM. So I send an email to customer service, and also starting doing some more research and find out that they say (in FAQ) by 5 business days you will receive a shipping confirmation. So Tuesday rolls around (7 business days) and still nothing so I call. Get put in a que with 5 inline. After an hour and a half I choose the option to have someone call me back when they are available. That happens Wed afternoon around 1pm. I am advised that it should ship in 10-13 business days. But he expects its possible it will Friday or Monday. Well those two days have passed and no shipment confirmation yet. They had no issue charging my CC the second I clicked BUY. Makes me wonder if this company has cash flow issues and needs the cash to just purchase the product to sell and is waiting on it to come in. IF that's the case will they be in business to support the product? Seems its pretty standard for a business to charge your CC when the order is processed and shipped.
Call them back and let them know you'll be canceling and going with LEM because of their inability to perform their advertised services.

I bought into them couple years ago. Product was good but top quality. Only support I ever got on the phone was reasons the product was not functioning great, my fault of course. Grinder still working good but the stuffer still squirts meat through the gasket everytime i stuff, regardless the size tube im using. Won't be fooled twice by them. If you are able to cancel, you will end up with a better product and support for sure.

And it only gets better. LEM just went backorder on .5hp Dual Grind to 12-28-23...... Guess I shouldn't have bought 60lbs of pork butt at the store this weekend while it was on sale for .99 a lb

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Contact your credit card and inform them of the situation. Protects you better if things really go south.

I looked at MYM at Academy and they appeared similar to the Cabelas line of heavy duty.

MYM experience. Last year I decided to pull the trigger on the 1 hp grinder. They had a sale that just started that day. It was "in stock" when I went to order it. After it was in my cart, it was out of stock and not available for purchase, but still on the web page for the "sale" price. My beef with them was they were promoting an item for a "sale" price and nothing to sell. No opportunity for a rain check and no option to buy at that price and have it shipped when in stock. I called to see if I could get a rain check for the item since none was offered on the web page. No dice. I watched that company's web page and looked out for that sale for the past year. When it popped up again I was able to snag one. No hiccups or issues.
I have put 50 - 60 lbs of beef, venison and pork through this grinder with no issues. It's faster than I am. Even with everything cut up and ready to send down the huge opening it did not "blink". No sign what so ever of overpowering the motor. I think it takes longer to take it apart, clean it and reassemble it then it does to go through 20 - 30 lbs of meat. With that being said, cleaning is truly a breeze. All the parts are easily washed, no little nooks or crannies that are not easy to reach. I am extremely happy with this product. I was concerned that it would not perform well enough to justify the price I paid. I have no regrets

LEM customer service is what sold me … MYM should probably spend more time with customer service instead of advertising their lower prices

So 11-25 I pulled the trigger, Bought a .5HP dual Grind from MEAT Your Maker and a meat mixer from another vendor. Come Monday morning I get a shipping notice for my meat mixer and it shows up on Wed. Come Thursday NO word from MYM. So I send an email to customer service, and also start doing some more research and find out that they say (in FAQ) by 5 business days you will receive a shipping confirmation. So Tuesday rolls around (7 business days) and still nothing so I call. Get put in a que with 5 inline. After an hour and a half I choose the option to have someone call me back when they are available. That happens Wed afternoon around 1pm. I am advised that it should ship in 10-13 business days. But he expects its possible it will Friday or Monday. Well those two days have passed and no shipment confirmation yet. They had no issue charging my CC the second I clicked BUY. Makes me wonder if this company has cash flow issues and needs the cash to just purchase the product to sell and is waiting on it to come in. IF that's the case will they be in business to support the product? Seems its pretty standard for a business to charge your CC when the order is processed and shipped.
I know I’m probably on the tail end of this discussion… but I do have a proverbial ax to grind with MYM.. I love the bearded butchers and they always mention the Meat brand… I thought I would give it a try… I purchased a vacuum s sealer… I wanted to like it… I truly did… but it started giving me issues with not finishing the seal mode… instead of trying to send me replacement parts they kept tell me I wasn’t pushing hard down hard enough on the sealer… I finally sent a video of me putting 20# of water in buckets on the lid…. Their reply was to tell me they would refund the money to me and email me a shipping label to return the item… I did and vowed to never purchase another one of their products. I’ll stick to LEM…

UPDATE... after 15 days my grinder did ship I have received it and have run 15lbs through it without issue. So far I am very happy with it and its quality. Dealing with a company that says IN STOCK when I ordered and not shipping for 15 Business Days(3 weeks) does concern me for product support long term.

UPDATE... after 15 days my grinder did ship I have received it and have run 15lbs through it without issue. So far I am very happy with it and its quality. Dealing with a company that says IN STOCK when I ordered and not shipping for 15 Business Days(3 weeks) does concern me for product support long term.
Congrats on the received item. I love mine. To me it was worth the wait. I have yet to even come close to straining the motor on this beast. Have fun.

Whoa! I came on here to research a Meat! (MYM) vac sealer, and I am really glad that I did! I really want a replacement for my Vacmaster Pro for a reasonable price…I guess Meat! Isn't it.

i think them using bearded butchers really got them out there but the quality and services from my research is lacking... i stick with LEM due long history of good customer service

MYM is on all the Youtube channels. They give them free stuff to use. They market pretty heavily and now they've taken over Academy stores. Maybe they are fine but I've always been wary. I know LEM stocks parts for their equipment and I'm pretty handy at repairing things so that's the way I went.

Their grinders look almost identical to the Cabela's Carnivore grinders, enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in the same factory. I have an older Cabela's Commercial Series #22 grinder, functionally the same as the new ones, grinds meat as fast as you can drop it down the tube. Never had a problem with Cabela's customer service, my big stuffer broke so I brought it back to the store and they just handed me a new one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky