Cabela's Meat Mixer (or not)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
Man... Either I am imagining (hopeing) or there never was one... A meat mixer attachment for the commercial grinders... Not the hand mixers ... Was just searching the site and only see two hand mixers... None for the grinder...

Coulda swore I seen them a few years back...

The 50lb. mixer does attach to their grinders. Says so in the description. Not sure about the smaller ones though.

So I got my grinder out (I keep it in it's box) today to knock out 6 Butts.... Here's what I see on the box... Now grant it... My commercial grinder is the previous generation... So this accessary may not be available for it anymore...

This is what I see on the box..

You can clearly see this is not the 50 lbr they offer now... And it's hooked to the grinder motor...

IMG_20240324_121726.jpg

IMG_20240324_121735.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
No problem... If it's anything like the hand crank 20lb mixer I woulda been very upset... I know why Rick ( BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker ) gave me his old 20 lbr... I used it one time... Back to hand mixing...

Keith
Last time I was at Bass Pro / Cabelas I could have swore they had a 20# mixer that attached to the grinder. I was shopping for grinder accessories so checked out the the whole aisle.
Wife wants to go there this week so I'll check. Duh cannot call you on the nonexistent cell phone.

I have a #20 mixer, it doesn't attach to the grinder but a buddy of mine with a machine shop made me a drill attachment that replaces the hand crank and a cover that slides over the top pretty tightly so it doesn't splatter ground meat all over the place as it mixes.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I have a #20 mixer, it doesn't attach to the grinder but a buddy of mine with a machine shop made me a drill attachment that replaces the hand crank and a cover that slides over the top pretty tightly so it doesn't splatter ground meat all over the place as it mixes.

I have one too... I'm not happy with the way it mixes as it just rolles the meat around the tub with the paddles instead of mixing...

I used the meat mixer from Cabelas that hooked up to their 1hp commercial grinder for years, it tilted and worked like a champ. I recall it would handle a 34 pound load of ground meat. They are no longer offered by Cabela, they have cut back on a ton of stuff they used to carry. Sold all my commercial grade sausage stuff last year, all too heavy for my surgically replaced shoulder. RAY

009.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky