Seasoning a New Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txbbqr

Original poster
May 4, 2008
Just bought a Char-Griller Duo. What's the best method for seasoning my grill?

frist off tex.........you need to head over to roll call and properly introduce yourself.........tell us abit about you.......

also, sign up for Jeff FREE 5-day ecourse.........lots of tips and tricks in there.........

i use lard.......some use pam, others used vegatable oil brushed/wiped on.......then fire up to about 400 degrees'...........helps with burning off all the old manufactoring oils that may be still hanging around...........but make sure the smoke is BLUE........NOT white..........white means creosote will be building up.........and thats a BAD thing.................

also remember, the only stupid question is the one NOT asked

once again welcome

I have the char-griller Grillin pro 3001 and the manual says not to wash it because it is veg. oil on the inside already, they say spray it with pam and take temp to about 250 degrees for two hours....It says you can also wipe veg oil over the outside to protect it from rust........Hope that helps....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky