I need a grill mat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
to replace what I'm using now, which is barely adequate if I don't trip on it.

This ATBBQ mat , size 30 X 42 would fit perfectly in front of my GF and/or my Blackstone griddle. Cost $50

Are there other mats that might be priced less ?

20230831_150851.jpg

ATBBQ Grill Mat

Reactions: JLeonard
This one at Academy is huge for same price ( less 15% coupon I have ) $50. Makes me wonder about the Walmart mat

Grill Mat

I have a couple of the Oklahoma Joe 40x80 mats. $49 ea. though.
HD and Amazon sells them.
They are a bit thin and the wind lifts them up fairly easily.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I tried to buy the Okla Joes Mat from Academy last Thursday. I ordered it on-line to be picked up. I used a 15% promo code they gave me when I applied for their credit card.

Late Thursday, I get an email telling me the order had been cancelled because they did not have it in stock.

So, I find the mat another Academy about 14 miles away. I try to place my on-line order and use my promo code. It tells me the promo code is not valid.

I just got off the phone with Academy. Explained the situation to Chery. She told me I could only use the promo code once. I told her that Academy cancelled my order, I did not do it. She told me I could only use it once, I went in circles with her until I asked to speak to someone who could help me. Cheryl puts me on hold for a few mintutes, comes back and tells me their " team had decided to issue me a new promo code " and it would be emailed to me. That was an hour ago and there's no email.

Being skeptical that Cheyrl had actually sent me an email ( she did not sound sincere ) I asked to verify my email address.

How long does it take an email to arrive ?

I bought a 4'x6'x3/4" horse stall mat from Tractor suppy that is damn near bullet proof. I use is to catch the oil leaks from my car. I haven't found a chemical that can touch it. I drag it out and wash it with a pressure sprayer every so often and it still looks new. Less than $50 and you can cut it to size(have fun with that btw). https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat

Reactions: PPG1
Still haven't gotten my new Promo Code from Academy. Surprise surprise.

On second thought, I will make another post.

Last edited:
Well, I got egg on my face. Academy did send an email with a new promo code and it went to a junk folder that I did not know even existed.

The promo code was sent to the same email addy that the order confirmation and cancellation was sent to. Go figure.

The junk folder also had some other emails I receive on a daily basis that were not junk. And it had no emails prior to August 10th , last month. Evidently, this is something new Micosoft is doing to help me with spam. But they don't know what spam is and I did not know they started doing this.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
I bought a 4'x6'x3/4" horse stall mat from Tractor suppy that is damn near bullet proof. I use is to catch the oil leaks from my car. I haven't found a chemical that can touch it. I drag it out and wash it with a pressure sprayer every so often and it still looks new. Less than $50 and you can cut it to size(have fun with that btw). https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat
That looks awesome and down to $39 too. Think I'll order one or two

I'm pretty happy with just a galvanized automotive drip pan. I've got a couple going. One more or less permanently under my pellet machine and another one that leans against the house and goes where the grill goes.
This one's 2'x3' and is <$15 shipped to your door:

I went 23 years without a mat. Only this year after purchasing a griddle and a GF smoker that has pull out grates, have I had the need for a mat.

To edit upon further review, I first used an Hibachi on a patio in 1975. So I went almost 50 years without a grill mat.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky