Sausage tube for 10lb sausage maker stuffer.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

70sdiver

Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
Trying to find out if the sausage maker 10lb unit will work with a 2" base? looking to get a 3/8" for slim jims.

Their web page says that the 10# stuffer uses 2” base on tubes. The small tubes are usually 1/2” O.D and 3/8” I.D any smaller and you may wreck the gear box. I bought a 10mm O.D tube once for a 5# stuffer and that took some muscle to crank it through. Not a good plan that small.

70D, Looks like SE has you covered on the size. I add extra water to the mix just before stuffing when using a small tube like that.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I made the 1/2 work today making snack sticks but I had to blow the sheep casings(19-22 mm Lem)up.only had one small blow out and thats because I started going to fast and the casings need to be worked off. It might be worth getting the stainless steel tube maybe the casings will feed easier going on and off.

I made the 1/2 work today making snack sticks but I had to blow the sheep casings(19-22 mm Lem)up.only had one small blow out and thats because I started going to fast and the casings need to be worked off. It might be worth getting the stainless steel tube maybe the casings will feed easier going on and off.
Not sure how you hydrate your casings before stuffing, but adding a little baking soda to the water will add to the slick’um of the casing on the horn for easier sliding. Nothing worse than casing that hang on the horn for blow outs. Oh and use warm water.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky