Sams Pro Series Pellet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like pretty high quality. So it's auger driven and not gravity fed?

That looks like a really nice cooking machine, Rick. I'm in for the brisket cook.

One thing I will suggest is ditching the guard.

View attachment 660333

Pellets in the hopper tend to "tunnel" and it is a heck of a lot easier to be able to swish them around with your hand rather than trying to shove something down through the grid to readjust the pellets in the hopper.
Like this?

Attachments

• 20220904_093907.jpg
    20220904_093907.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: MJB05615 and DougE
Got to have the guards for the $%^*( people that stick their hand in the auger. Looks like a nice setup.

Reactions: DougE
Got to have the guards for the $%^*( people that stick their hand in the auger. Looks like a nice setup.
Well, if you are stupid enough to shove your hand down far enough to get grabbed by the auger, you probably don't need to be around anything more complicated than a mortar and pestle.

Yes its typical pellet grill with an auger.

I won't be doing any removal of stuff, thats why I have a pusher dowl.

Reactions: DougE
Yes its typical pellet grill with an auger.

I won't be doing any removal of stuff, thats why I have a pusher dowl.
A little back scratcher that fits through the grate works well. I did that for awhile and finally removed the grate and don't regret doing it.

I really like the concept but my grill and smoker live on a wood deck so I don't use anything that burns anything except propane. DougE DougE I don't think we have any of 'those' people here.

Well, if you are stupid enough to shove your hand down far enough to get grabbed by the auger, you probably don't need to be around anything more complicated than a mortar and pestle.
I agree. Back in the 90's my ex wife's uncle was cutting grass and the side shoot got clogged and he thought I was ok to clear it while it was still running! Since then he has to take off his shoes off to count over 7!

Back on topic, that looks like a solid unit and should serve you well!

Dave

No brisket right now....Its pouring out.

That came through here yesterday , followed by some extreme wind overnight . I was moving grills to cover at 2am .

That came through here yesterday , followed by some extreme wind overnight . I was moving grills to cover at 2am .
We had that Tuesday through Wednesday night, high winds and rain. Had to lock down the hot tub cover and bungee the kettle lid. At least it was rain, my son in NH got 16" of snow and an hour from him 36".

We had that Tuesday through Wednesday night, high winds and rain. Had to lock down the hot tub cover and bungee the kettle lid. At least it was rain, my son in NH got 16" of snow and an hour from him 36".
Been quite a few years back, but we got 28" of snow over night and it shut down I-75 for a week or better. The National Guard was shuttling medical personnel who live in Richmond back and forth to their jobs at Lexington hospitals.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky