Remote thermometer question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ruelaplace5

Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
There's supposedly a remote digital thermometer out there that's pretty expensive -- around $175, I think -- and I hear it'll send you emails and text messages to your phone. Anyone know what this is?

thanks-

yea, I have a custom built one that does all of those things, but it's way more expensive than that
biggrin.gif
. Call it a money waster if you want; say that it takes away from the art if you want. But quite frankly if the smoker can run on it's own and let me know when I need to do something, I say yeehaw.

ruelaplace5,

You might look at http://rocksbarbque.com/ . His unit does quite a bit of stuff, and I think the web software is free, which I think will send you emails or pages.
The other comercial unit is http://www.thebbqguru.com/ (which appears to currently be down....not sure what's up there). It doesn't do emails but does a very good job of controlling temperature, and one of the options is a remote you can carry around with ou.

With that said, I agree with Dude (gosh....that hurts saying that out loud
wink.gif
), if all you want is notifications around the house, the Maverick does a heck of a job.

Thanks, Josh. The Stoker from Rocks BBQ is the one I was looking for.

Well, its probably not exactly what you are looking for, but in looking through catalogs at work ( I do instrumentation) I found that www.omega.com has wireless thermocouple transmitters that will send the temp to your computer. They are pricy at around 200-250, but the probes (thermocouples) will always be available and easy to replace, Plus you can record your smoke on the data recorder lol. I've bought a couple of el-cheapos for now, but will be using this in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky