Recommend Vac sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mlrtym44

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Misawa Japan
I've had a Food Saver for years now. It is overall ok, but I am thinking to upgrade. Lot to choose from these days. just wondering if I could get some ideas to compare. Most my comparisons are through amazon reviews...

I was researching between that and the FS 4440. Both have great reviews, but FS is half the price...

My experiance with food savers vs vacmaster is the vacmaster is built far better. Had 2 food savers and then bought my vacmaster. Worth every single penny.

Scott

My experiance with food savers vs vacmaster is the vacmaster is built far better. Had 2 food savers and then bought my vacmaster. Worth every single penny.

Scott
Hmmm. Might have to give it a try. I see that there is a discount code here. Problem with that is I need it to ship USPS so Amazon is usually my best option.

I bought mine from webstaurantstore.com. It was on sale a few years back for something like $229. To good of a deal to pass up. Can’t remember how it shipped. It seals 11” bags. The pro 380 seals 14 or 16” bags I can’t remember. Al can tell you.

It’s probably worth the extra cash to some people but I have a buddy who processes deer and he has a huge vacusealer so for the few times a year I need to seal larger than 11” I use his sealer. I’d have gone the 380 route if I didn’t have his to use.

You’ll be happy with a vacmaster.

Scott

I was researching between that and the FS 4440. Both have great reviews, but FS is half the price...
I have vacuum sealer PRO 2100 had it for over 10 yrs. Has never failed me,use at least 10 times a wk. use on meats,sausage, spices.Got tired of buying a new food saver every yr. It will do 11' bags.

I have a LEM that works very well so I am biased. I reckon if I had another brand that was trouble free I would be just as biased.

Look at LEM, Weston, and VacMaster if you have the resources. Otherwise Food Saver should serve you well. I had a FS pro for many years that worked flawlessly. Then one day just lights flashing. Dead. But 15 or 20 years of use ain’t bad. All a matter of money and features.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky