Inkbird Vac sealer . Buyer / Owner Beware .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought this back when they first ran them on sale . I think it was $34.00 or something close . I know a lot of us bought them . I got it as a backup . Never used it much , maybe a couple dozen seals on it .

Last time I used it , I was in the middle of what I was doing . Had sealed a couple bags , and it was sitting with the lid open . I was getting some stuff ready , and I smelled hot electronics . Then the sealer pump started running .
Reached over and closed the lid and it stopped . I could feel it was hot , so I knew the sealer strip was running .
Pump going on and off on it's own , and the strip was full on . So I unplugged it and set it to the side .

2 days ago I decided to try it again , same thing .
Took it down to the shop and took it apart . I was thinking a burnt relay or PCB . Just wanted to know what it was before I tossed it in the trash .
This is the one I have ,
View attachment 687516
Opened up the bottom and didn't see anything at first .
View attachment 687511
Then I noticed where the wire harness comes through the body , on both sides .
View attachment 687512
Other side .
View attachment 687513
Actually broke it two .
View attachment 687514
View attachment 687515
You can see where it's getting pinched on the body . Opening and closing it adds to it , and pushing down to latch it really effects it .
Like I said , maybe 2 dozen seals , then a hard fail . If you were using this , and had to walk away for some reason and this happens , I could see a bigger problem . Lucky I was standing there .
Just an FYI if you own one .

Thanks for the heads up Rich, I will likely toss mine… not worth the risk! May pull the trigger on that Lem sealer you just ordered. I did see on the LEM site they have the VacMax 250 refurbished with the roll storage on it for 20% off at $183.99! The roll storage is convenient, just wondering if it’s worth the price difference of the 100 model?

normanaj normanaj thanks for pointing out that sale!

Last edited:
Reactions: normanaj
I will likely toss mine
Heck , use it until it quits , just don't walk away from it plugged in . Might not be all of them either . It's funny . I was looking around this morning and found " Top 10 " list . You know how that goes , but this Inkbird was #4 on 2 different lists . Some of that had to do with the price .
I'll get the Lem , then decide what I want to do about a higher end model .

Foodsaver is still chugging along , but I've had it apart twice now .

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
At that price I grabbed another just to get it at that price!
Don't blame you . I see it has a pulse option on it . Is that a manual operation , or does it go on and off by itself for canisters that have the marinate option ?

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
At that price I grabbed another just to get it at that price!

Don't blame you . I see it has a pulse option on it . Is that a manual operation , or does it go on and off by itself for canisters that have the marinate option ?

Could not resist that price on the 100 and just pulled the trigger! Figured the $134 difference between the 100 and refurbished 250 would buy a good amount of rolls/bags!

Took mine apart...

1000004282.jpg

No visible damage. My wires seem to shift left and right when opening and closing to give some flex.

Ryan

I'm thinking it was a manufacturing defect. Not an excuse. But it does happen. InkBird should be held accountable. I'm surprised they haven't spoken up yet. Openly. Or by PM top the OP.

Reactions: chopsaw
I'm thinking it was a manufacturing defect.
I don't know how they do things over there , but here you could get a run number and compare them that way . I bought this when You bought yours . Just wondering if maybe they made a change somewhere along the line .

Something strikes me as different in Ryans picture . Wire gauge maybe , or length of the harness .

I don't know how they do things over there , but here you could get a run number and compare them that way . I bought this when You bought yours . Just wondering if maybe they made a change somewhere along the line .

Something strikes me as different in Ryans picture . Wire gauge maybe , or length of the harness .
I'm sure they can track this by the serial/build number. Which is why I'm surprised they aren't in contact with you. Or perhaps they already know this.

I was looking back through some old threads , trying to find out when this was purchased . Looks like 2021 .
I see they just posted a deal on it again this morning .

Here's the manual.

Attachments

• 1379_Manual.pdf
    803.9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks . Should be here today . Looks like the pulse is manual . Still a good feature .

I've not used the canister option yet as I have no usable canisters though I will be out and about today and look for some. The hose from my old Food Saver fits the Lem.

I'm perfectly happy about it . Glad you posted that . Can't wait for it to get here .
I was looking at it and the new one that's cordless . I almost popped on the 100 at $100.00 then decided to wait . Saw your post about the sale and that was all I needed .
I know it's gonna be great .

Reactions: normanaj
I have no usable canisters
I use mine all the time . The square one has the marinate function , but needs the sealer that pulls and releases . Not sure what difference it makes . I put it under vacuum and stick it in the fridge . Works great .They're worth having .
20180703_153010.jpg
20180703_153039.jpg
I've seen the sets that come with both sizes . Wide and regular .
Most of my jars are widemouth .
20180704_131639.jpg

I'm going to be brave today and hit up Target or WallyWorld and see what I can find for canisters.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky