Inkbird Vac sealer . Buyer / Owner Beware .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Any response to your problem
No . After seeing that they put up another link ad to sell them , It kind of changes how I feel about it . I started to link this thread in that one , but I don't want to do that . Like you said it happens .
I posted this as a heads up to members that have them . Like Brian says his started smoking while using it . As many of these that were sold , can't be the only ones .

I did start a convo with them , and linked this . I said I don't expect or want anything out of it , and I'll stand by that . However I did buy it in support of them being a sponsor so it shuld be addressed in my opinion .
I'll see if I get a response .

I started a conversation with them a couple years ago about a problem I was having with their vac sealer. They closed the conversation without responding. Hopefully you'll get a better response because of this issue.

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
Well that's messed up . If they do , I know where to send this link .

Reactions: Steve H
Steve H Steve H
Question . You think the pump runs on line voltage , or is it reduced somehow ?

Customer service maybe should be an important thing to them if they want to have a good customer base... at least as far as I'm concerned.

Ryan

Thank you for your support of our products, we are very sorry to bring you a bad experience. We have been improving and optimizing our products, we will also introduce more new vacuum products in the future. We have been working hard, thank you for your understanding and tolerance. If the product have any problems in the process of using, please feel free to contact us, we will 100% solve it well!And thanks for your suggestion.
Best Regards.
Jaya

Thanks Norm . Just ordered it . Be here tomorrow . Used my Foodsaver this morning ( yesterday was sausage stuffing day ) and one of the bags has already lost the vacuum . Might be the cheap bags I bought .
Looking at some better models , but this is a great price and will get me going , and help me decide if I want to get something higher end .

The bag storage and on board cutter in the Foodsaver has me spoiled .

I know LEM makes an add on storage and cutter setup . Do you know if that fits this model ?
I have a couple older Foodsavers that vac and seal well and one has the storage and slide cutter on top but bigger rolls 50' won't fit until I use some of it up. The obsolete Foodsaver V3240 has replaceable bottom foam seals on Amazon 8 for $10. Top seal is permanent rubber. That's why I didn't get a back up Inkbird vac sealer since the foam gasket wasn't replaceable. I did get a dedicated 12" impulse sealer to make bags out of rolls to save the sealer wire on my machines. On Amazon with a timer dial so 4 is bread bags and most sealing and the highest setting for the longest duration seal is 8 and I hit each vac bag 2xs on the same seal line and double seal each end. So after vac and seal, then hit another sealing line behind it close to the end of the bag. 4 seals per bag 3 with the impulse sealer. Comes with spare sealer wires and Teflon wire covers. A 10 pack of wires and covers is $10 but never burned one out yet. Out of Air makes 4 mil vac rolls in 100' rolls in a box with a built in slide cutter. The smooth side of the roll is 4 mil and embossed side is 10 mil like most but you only hear about the thinner side in mils. I peeled the slide cutter off my Reynolds plastic wrap when it was empty and it has a tackiness to the back side and sticks to the counter for making bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
I have a couple older Foodsavers that vac and seal well
Yeah , I have an older Gamesaver deluxe plus . I just went through the pump and bought some new gaskets . Works good , but I found some bags in the freezer that had lost vacuum . Not sure if it's the cheap bags , or if the heat strip is starting to fail . It has onboard bag storage and the cutter system inside . Roll the bag material through the cutter . Seal one end , then pull the length you need and cut it off .
That has me spoiled .
20240205_143909.jpg

Reactions: dr k
She did contact me last night . Said they would replace it . My intent was to alert others to a possible problem . Not sure what I'm gonna do yet .
Take the replacement. It was good that you took time to post this. And made folks aware. I'm not saying inkbird makes poor quality equipment. But a heads up when something is amiss. Doesn't hurt. I'll still buy inkbird items. Any company can have a off day. That they offered an replacement speaks volumes.

Take the replacement. It was good that you took time to post this. And made folks aware. I'm not saying inkbird makes poor quality equipment. But a heads up when something is amiss. Doesn't hurt. I'll still buy inkbird items. Any company can have a off day. That they offered an replacement speaks volumes.
I've had high end stuff that failed, too. As long as the company is willing to make good on their product failures, it's all good. Even more so on low end items.

I have 4 Inkbird therms and this sealer . Use the therms all the time .
I have no doubt that the newer ones have been addressed .

Just for the record , they did make good on this , and sent a new sealer . I haven't opened it yet .

This thread served the intended purpose of warning of a possible fire with this sealer . It needed to be said , because a lot of us have them , and others have had the same problem .

It was not intended to attack Inkbird in anyway, ( and I didn't ) . I have several therms that all work as they should , and always support forum sponsors in some form .

Just an update on where this landed .

Pretty impressive they made good on that for what they sell these for. I been keeping a tab on mine and no issues. (knocks wood).

Reactions: 912smoker
I have 3 items I leave plugged in, 2 coffee pots and a airfryer/oven.any of them could fail at any time while I am here or gone, may start unplugging them when we go on vacation ect, I always shut the water off to the house along with the icemaker and water heater, have seen what happens with those when folks are away. You wont find another company that will replace stuff over a year old, had 2 of the same model large toaster/ovens that I loved,both died in about 14-15 months, had a 1 year warranty and a 5 year satisfaction warranty, sent email about the failure and got 1 back that stated the warranty period was over. I decided to take a chance again and same deal. went a different direct this time, their lose not mine.

Let's just make this clear one last time .

I was not looking for a replacement . I only let them send it so they could say they did .
That being said , the one I had only had maybe a dozen seals on it . That's being generous .

I only bumped this , because they asked me to say that they replaced it .
Which they did , but facts are facts . They only seem to be worried about how they look or future sales .
They're missing the part that they have an issue with some of these .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky