Can you use a impulse heat sealer to make vacuum sealer bags?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
I spend way too much time making bags and I feel like it adds wear on my vacuum sealer parts. I was looking on Amazon and saw a designated heat sealer for $50 or so and thought maybe I could use it to just make bags from the rolls I order? Anybody know from experience or have a suggestion?

I use a heat sealer some and Id say if the heat sealer has an adjustable thermostat, you could probably get away with it. You may have to play with the temp a few times to find the setting that only seals the plastic, not completely melt it.

Reactions: wnctracker
I spend way too much time making bags and I feel like it adds wear on my vacuum sealer parts. I was looking on Amazon and saw a designated heat sealer for $50 or so and thought maybe I could use it to just make bags from the rolls I order? Anybody know from experience or have a suggestion?
If you can settle in on a particular size pre cut bags are worth it to me. Especially if you can buy in bulk quantities.

I have sealed plastic bags with my impulse sealer but I have to turn the heat way down as the mylar bags it is made for can take a lot more heat.

Mine is the same as this one;

Most of the ones on Amazon look about the same and probably all come from the same factory in China.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky