pre mixed spice mix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blucmal

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2019
Anyone know of some where in Australia that sells pre mixed spice mixs for traditional style sausage , pepperoni kabana chorizo etc that dont contain nitrite/nitrate or small packs for up to 2kg sausage per batch that do. Bit worried bout splitting big packs that have nitrite as I doubt you could and get the correct amount of nitrite each time. Would rather buy spice blend and add cure #1 to suit..I found some but are 1kg packs (that have cure #1 that I am not comfortable splitting.)meant for 15kg meat. Way to much for me.. Thanks in advance.

You could prob get some Crown National and make sausage. Can get on Amazon. Add your own cure to the mix.

After hours googling found couple place. Cured and smoked.com.au and butcherathome.com.au for anyone in aus. Thought bout mixing my own. But too much end up with a million spices then many many hours trying to get flavour right. I will go downnthat route as a last resort if I cant find something I like.

You have a point about ending up with a million spices....
IMG_3275.jpg
Good luck Sir and stay safe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky