Pepperoni . BGKYSmoker and Marianski .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
excellent write up!
Thanks Sam . I like the mustard seed in it , as well as the white pepper . Extra paprika helped the color , and the extra heat makes it for me .
crackers, cheddar, and stick of that I‘d be fat happy boy.
I had some sliced up on a plate to make pizza and everyone kept snacking on it . Had to slice another stick .
Thanks for the comments Jim .

Nice

And I like the jerky.
That's a great formula . Actually taste like pepperoni . The jerky was awesome . Great flavor . Gonna be good as sticks .
Great write up.
Thanks .
used starter culture in Marianski's recipe, but not BGKY's, correct?
Yes . I used the T-SPX because it's what I had , and works with temps around 65 degrees .
My basement stays around 60 / 65 year round . So I can hang it there without issue .
I only left it overnight , could have used a couple days .
This is just stuffed ,
20231123_092111.jpg
Then the effect of the starter from hanging 24 hours ,
20231124_103833.jpg

NIce write-up Rich, and an even better looking final product(s)

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Those look good
That T-SPX is from 2016 . I keep it at -3 degrees . I think it's still good . LOl .

I liked yours over Marianski . I did weigh the salt at 18 grams for 2 1/2 pounds . ( That's my norm )
I then weighed a TBLS of pickling salt . 18.36 grams . I may increase the salt a bit next time . I really like the added heat in them too . The extra paprika helps the color without affecting taste in my opinion .

Reactions: hoity toit
Man I'm doing intermittent fasting and not due to eat until 3. This post is making that tough lol. It all looks great and I love the jerky idea as well as the reaper kicker

Reactions: chopsaw
looks great and I love the jerky idea as well as the reaper kicker
Thanks Jeff . The jerky was great . I'll be doing some sticks soon . The Reaper in the right amount is a great addition .

this picture is going to make me try this. That's beautiful
That's the reason I bumped this . That holding in the pink paper works .
Actually I didn't use it on the pizza . Saved for crackers and cheese .
Adam , thanks for the comment .

Reactions: civilsmoker
Go ahead, beat it some more!
That holding in the pink paper works .
Unless you forget about it . I have a dry erase board in my kitchen that I write this stuff on . Someone erased it ( probably me )
Stumbled across this yesterday from the end of November .
20240302_120726.jpg
Oops . Nice white mold though .
20240302_120830.jpg
Starting weight was 263 grams , weighed it yesterday 142 grams .
I bet it was pretty good 4 or 5 weeks ago . Knife wouldn't touch it .
Snapped in two like a tree branch .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Unless you forget about it . I have a dry erase board in my kitchen that I write this stuff on . Someone erased it ( probably me )
Stumbled across this yesterday from the end of November .
View attachment 690389
Oops . Nice white mold though .
View attachment 690388
Starting weight was 263 grams , weighed it yesterday 142 grams .
I bet it was pretty good 4 or 5 weeks ago . Knife wouldn't touch it .
Snapped in two like a tree branch .
Sounds like something I would do!
Was wishing I had already made some for my soup.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky