"BGKYSMOKER" Style pepperoni!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Bgkysmoker posted a pepperoni recipe a few weeks ago figured I would give it shot with deer meat, 4lb deer, 1lb fat. This stuff turned out pretty darn good. Will be doing it again.
20231115_141151.jpg
20231115_141005.jpg

Nice Jim . Keep 'em coming . What's next ?
If you have some pink paper , wrap a section up and let it hang out in the fridge for a week .

Reactions: smokerjim
Nice Jim . Keep 'em coming . What's next ?
If you have some pink paper , wrap a section up and let it hang out in the fridge for a week .
Thank you Rich, what will the paper do? Not sure what I'll do next, will have to check my very long bucket list.

What will this do Rich,

what will the paper do?
I don't want to slop up your thread Jim . Wrapping in the paper allows it to further dry . You can use a paper bag too . This is some I did awhile back .
Out of the smoker and cooled .
20200305_071916.jpg
Further dried wrapped in pink paper . About a week or more .
20200315_124012.jpg

I do the same with SS and stix .

I don't want to slop up your thread Jim . Wrapping in the paper allows it to further dry . You can use a paper bag too . This is some I did awhile back .
View attachment 681093
View attachment 681094

Thanks Rich, unfortunately I already froze most of it do you think when i thaw it out i could still put in paper for a week before eating, would it still have the same affect.

Reactions: chopsaw
thaw it out i could still put in paper for a week before eating, would it still have the same affect.
Yup . I actually do that with SS because it's always to wet for what I like after freezing .
I just suggested doing a section to see if you like the results .
I'm looking for a formula for pepperoni . I want to try Rick's as well , so happy to hear the taste is good .
I grabbed a pork butt yesterday with plans of doing a small batch . I looked for annatto to add to the color , but they were out .
Here's some Bierwurst I did last year .
Next day after smoking . Good as is , I just like to try things .
20211101_072808.jpg
Same chub wrapped in pink paper and held at 36 degrees . Week or so . I actually store what I'm using in pink paper .
20211204_115406.jpg

View attachment 681093
View attachment 681094

I have another thread about freezing my pepperoni I made.
I left it out in the fridge in its fibrous casing for 5 days after smoking. Then i stumbled onto this thread. I hope it helps my issues.

Reactions: smokerjim
Looks awesome - learning so much from you dudes, I don’t know when ya have time to hunt tho lol
Thanks timber, this was some meat I had left from last year, just cleaning up the freezer for this years, luckily I live in a rural area so I can hunt for a hour or two after work plus a few days off, my problem is finding the time to make stuff out of it.

Reactions: Timber II
Yup . I actually do that with SS because it's always to wet for what I like after freezing .
I just suggested doing a section to see if you like the results .
I'm looking for a formula for pepperoni . I want to try Rick's as well , so happy to hear the taste is good .
I grabbed a pork butt yesterday with plans of doing a small batch . I looked for annatto to add to the color , but they were out .
Here's some Bierwurst I did last year .
Next day after smoking . Good as is , I just like to try things .
View attachment 681111
Same chub wrapped in pink paper and held at 36 degrees . Week or so . I actually store what I'm using in pink paper .
View attachment 681112
Thanks Rich, your bierwurst looks great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky