Post Picture of Smoker and its Brand/type here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
smoked a hole mountain of meat on several chargrillers before i was lucky enough to get a lang
th_violent5.gif

Old country pecos, after getting it i noticed ill need a bigger one in a couple years. The bigger smoker the more meat i wanna put on it. Did the cooking for our reunión last weekend and 16 slabs of ribs and 40lbs of chicken later im already Looking into a big Boy cooker

Thanks for bumping this I really enjoyed reading through this again. Not sure why I havent posted to this thread.

I loved everyones smokers/pits/grills and what have ya's.

Here is the "Frankensmoker" pit and a couple GOSM's past and present.
  • Here's a video of the build, a bit boring and long.

• GOSM

That was a nice 34 minute and 33 second frankensmoker ride Rich....................................
xrocker.gif

You have an awesome smoker............
first.gif

Yeah bear ... I wanted to see how long it would take you to notice . lol

I'm loving these smokers... you guys are AWESOME!

Dirtsailor have you fired up the Giant Casa Q yet? I would also love to know what your grandfather is looking at?!

Yeah bear ... I wanted to see how long it would take you to notice . lol

I'm loving these smokers... you guys are AWESOME!

Dirtsailor have you fired up the Giant Casa Q yet? I would also love to know what your grandfather is looking at?!
I haven't yet. I wired the firebox back together but I want to put a support under it and I just haven't had time. Soon, I'm hoping to work some more on my smokers this week.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure it was during a family gathering so it was more than likely someone else taking a photo too.

I just received this as a gift. I've had a side-box smoker but really struggled to maintain a consistant temp. It is the Smoke Hollow Deluxe Vertical LP Gas Smoker With Sliding Drawer. Purchased at Gander Mountain. I've used it three times so far 1st-St Louis ribs, then BabyBacks, then a beef brisket.. So far I really like it. Only two small issues so far. The stock temp gauge is off a little. It seems to read lower than actual temp. The 2nd is the amount of smoke. I personally would like a little more smoke flavor so if anyone could offer a few tips on that I would appreciate it. Other than that I will say everyone has really enjoyed the meat that this has cooked.

I just received this as a gift. I've had a side-box smoker but really struggled to maintain a consistant temp. It is the Smoke Hollow Deluxe Vertical LP Gas Smoker With Sliding Drawer. Purchased at Gander Mountain. I've used it three times so far 1st-St Louis ribs, then BabyBacks, then a beef brisket.. So far I really like it. Only two small issues so far. The stock temp gauge is off a little. It seems to read lower than actual temp. The 2nd is the amount of smoke. I personally would like a little more smoke flavor so if anyone could offer a few tips on that I would appreciate it. Other than that I will say everyone has really enjoyed the meat that this has cooked.
Most stock temp gauges are not accurate. Best advice is to get a good digital thermometer such as the Maveric ET-732 or the iGrill dual probe. Both units allow you to monitor the temp of the smoker and the meat. For more smoke I would check out the AMNTS 12" or 18" depending on the size of the box. I use both in my GOSM and they work great.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNTS

View media item 111194This is the first Yoder Kingman I bought in 2010 and then sold . I missed it so much that I bought a second one in 2011 because of the way it cooks chicken and steaks among other things .This particular smoker has a temperature control system that allows you to cook as hot and fast or low and slow as desired with awesome results .

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky