Pork Roll Sammies (Grilled)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pork Roll Sammies (Grilled)

I’ve posted Pork Rolls a few times already, but I know there’s new guys coming on this forum all the time, so everything has a chance of being something new to some people. Plus some guys my age can see the same thing every day, & think it's a Brand New Post each time!!

When we buy a whole Roll of Pork Roll, I make the slices thick enough for One slice per Sammy, but when we buy them already sliced, we put 2 slices in each Sammy, Because they’re much too thin for only one slice in a Sammy.

So since it’s much easier & quicker, I made the 8 little cuts around the perimeter while they were still stacked together, and then to the Grill we went. Those little slits around the perimeter keep them from turning into little cones of meat once they start heating up.

It didn’t take long for them to get some nice grill marks and they heated up fast, because they were so thin.
I often make these in a Frying Pan, but you do get some added flavor on the Grill—Even on a Gas Grill.

So Like Hot Dogs, these Pork Roll Sammies IMO call for Mainly Mustard of various types, and occasionally some American Cheese.

Enjoy the few Pics I managed to sneak in.

Bear

2 Packages, 4 slices per pack of "Taylor Pork Roll".
IMG_4001.jpg

Unwrapped and 8 slits cut into the perimeter to keep from curling on the Grill:
IMG_4002.jpg

On the "Q" they go!!
IMG_4003.jpg

Grill Marks appear pretty quick:
IMG_4004.jpg

Good Grill Marks & about ready to remove.
See how the perimeter slits opened up?? That's what keeps them from curling:
IMG_4006.jpg

All done & in the house:
IMG_4007.jpg

Like a Hot Dog, Lots of Mustard (Sometimes Cheese):
IMG_4008.jpg

MMMMMmmmmmm..............
IMG_4009.jpg

Bear's Supper:

IMG_4010.jpg

Oh man! I could nosh on those for sure! I think I see a little pickle peeking out too! Ill take a couple with a thin slice of onion please?

I like those things, Looks exactly like the ones you fixed for us.

Gary

Well I'm not that old yet and not new either, but I still enjoy seeing your posts. Someday maybe one of our grocers will carry pork-rolls. They look and sound great.

Point for sure
Chris

That's a great sandwich . I like it the best , just like that grilled and yellow mustard .
Nice work , never gets old .

Lookin Good. I was just telling Bev I need a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese fix! And asked her to see if the places she shops has any. It's hit or miss this far West...JJ

Reactions: chopsaw
I got a guy 10 minutes from the house that carries it . Good stuff

I just found out, my Daughter and SIL are headed to the Big City, Harrisburg, this weekend. I'll be gettin my Pork Roll fix when they get back!...JJ :emoji_yum:

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
looks good bear, I remember the last time you posted the pork roll sammie, I showed my wife and her being from jersey guess what we had a few days later. maybe I should show her a picture of your prime rib and see what happens!!

Nice job Bear!

Is that a Weber Q?

I got one of those in the camper, love the cast iron grates....

John

Thank You John!!
Yes, Mine is the 3200 model---Too big to carry around.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Oh man! I could nosh on those for sure! I think I see a little pickle peeking out too! Ill take a couple with a thin slice of onion please?

Thank You BEV !!
Nope, no Pickles this time. Maybe next time.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

looks good bear, I remember the last time you posted the pork roll sammie, I showed my wife and her being from jersey guess what we had a few days later. maybe I should show her a picture of your prime rib and see what happens!!

You married a Jersey Girl!?! God Bless you. Beautiful women but the TEMPERS! 35 YEARS with my lovely wife and I STILL have not learned when to talk and when to shut up and Listen. She once Threw a Pork Roll at me, the whole Chub!..:emoji_head_bandage:...JJ:emoji_laughing:

Well I'm not that old yet and not new either, but I still enjoy seeing your posts. Someday maybe one of our grocers will carry pork-rolls. They look and sound great.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You married a Jersey Girl!?! God Bless you. Beautiful women but the TEMPERS! 35 YEARS with my lovely wife and I STILL have not learned when to talk and when to shut up and Listen. She once Threw a Pork Roll at me, the whole Chub!..:emoji_head_bandage:...JJ:emoji_laughing:
yeah, maybe they're related. she can hurl things with the best of them, worse than that she's a hell of shot with her handguns also. maybe i'm a deadman walking. nah, i'll just make her another pork roll sammie and i'll be good for a while.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Lookin Good. I was just telling Bev I need a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese fix! And asked her to see if the places she shops has any. It's hit or miss this far West...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
Yeah, you're pretty much out of the Triangle on Pork Roll.
You could stock up when you come this way, though.

Bear

I got a guy 10 minutes from the house that carries it . Good stuff

Thank You Rich!!
That's unusual having Pork Roll in MO.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Maybe you should get the Pre-sliced Pork Roll, in case she hits you!!
Wouldn't be as painful!

Bear

Reactions: chef jimmyj
That looks awesome Bear! Local Amish butcher makes pork roll , I will have to try it out.

Thank You Jim!!
Great Idea!! There's lots of PR Pics in all my Prime Ribs in my Step by Step Index. Take your Pic & you'll be having PR real soon.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That looks awesome Bear! Local Amish butcher makes pork roll , I will have to try it out.

Thank You Jcam!!
That's Great---You'll love it!!
I actually think the closest thing to Pork Roll is a Hot Dog, only better if done just right.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky