Pastrami video, start to finish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fmcowboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Trinity, Florida
Ok. All of these posting of pastrami has got me craving it,. I love a great pastrami sammie!!! Who doesn't. Anyway, in searching here & the web, I came across this video of making pastrami from scratch, even curing your own brisket. Looked pretty darn good. Figured I'd share. I tried searching the forum some if this has been posted before, sorry. I now know how & when that peppered coating is applied that is signature pastrami.

FM

Ya forgot the link to the video...LOL
biggrin.gif

If I had to wait 3 weeks, not to mention the work I would forget it and just buy some.

I like getting a flat from the store, open the package and smoke it. Lazy man's way I guess.

Thanks for the video.

I think I will just get me a corned beef and pick it up from their.

Eric: LOL, her fingernails were from the rub see just put on, so not actually dirty.

Yeah, it is kind of a bore, but I thought showed a complete process so may have been of some interest. I'll take a shortcut and not wait. I'm with RonP. :)

When she sliced that meat it was the next day after putting it in the fridge, and her finger nails were still black...eeeeeeeeeewwwww, naaaaaasty....

Did you see her husbands face when he tasted it??? There was no expression on that face when he put it in his mouth. He only said it was good to save his life......LMAO
icon_mrgreen.gif

It was good to watch though, her presentation kinda reminded me of one of the ghouls in the movie "Night of the Living Dead" hahahahahaaa

I'll put mine against hers anyday. Good Lord..... 15 days.... another night to cure. I could starve to death. Her seasonings looked good... where is the cure? Smoked at 320 degrees? Hmmmmmmmmm. I'd have to have a first hand taste test to be convinced this turned out that great. Thanks for the video though...

5808_1137551312751_1046423994_30357385_6432371_n.jpg

Her voice made me think I had been watching a video for 3 weeks -
I have seen way better looking pastrami from you guys -

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky