Older Weber 3 burner gas grills, which one?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Picked up the grill today.
Genesis Silver Series B, October, 2003.
$75, included a full tank and a half + tank of LP.
Condition is amazing. There is really nothing to 'restore' at this point.
Any tips or stuff I should know about this grill is appreciated.
gill1.jpg
971100a66e46bdc9f90ca1cf84e1a99e.0.jpg

Great score! You basically got the grill for free considering the value of the two tanks and the gas. Now lets see some cooking.

Very nice . I agree . You got 80 to 100 bucks in tanks and propane .

Any tips or stuff I should know about this grill is appreciated.
I don't have that style , but on my Genesis I make sure to keep the grease cleaned out from anything under the burners . Had a fire on start up once . Wasn't good .

Nice.

Get one or two cast iron smoker boxes to place above the front burner for smoke.
Don't bother with those V shaped boxes that go between the flavorizer bars. They are thin so the chips will burn up relatively fast even if they are presoaked.

This box should fit between the bars and the grates.

OK, looking at covers. What kind of Genesis do I have?
E-310, Genesis II, 300??
Bit confused by all the models I am seeing.

Also, what covers do you like (buying one for my Performer also.)
The Kingkong covers get amazing reviews and look great.

THANKS
Matt

Last edited:
Looks like Braz has you covered for the gas grill . I bought the cover for my performer from Weber. Well made and heavy duty .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky