Newbie with a short ribs question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

orthodoc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
I recently got a Yoder 640 and love it. Did a brisket, prime rib and a few racks of short ribs with great success.

Today I did a single rack of beef short ribs and set the smoker to 225. Below freezing outside, but it held temp perfectly. The ribs went to 180 and stayed there for 4+ hours. I know about the stall, but I mean that they did not budge after 4 hours. Total time on the smoker was 9 hours so I took them off and they are resting now. 

I will soon see how they taste, but is that excessive for a stall???

Yes it seems like a long time.

Were they probe tender when you took them off?

Sometimes this happens. Every piece of meat is different.

How did they turn out?

Al

Thanks. Pretty good! Came off at about 180 in places. Could've been a little more tender but not bad![ATTACHMENT=3246]IMG_4590.JPG (943k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky