Newbie smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a Stump's Baby and I love it. Just the right size for my backyard cooks.

Glad I could help. Feel free to ask any questions about the cooker. I will provide my best answer.

JC :emoji_cat:
thank you, much appreciated !

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. You will find the best fellowship and cooking advice right here. Your meats look really delicious.

Thank you! The site looks really good so far and seems very active, i'm glad i found it

That works :emoji_laughing:
IMG_20210106_210246_142.jpg

This new thing was I believe $200 flat, $40 for the cover. It is SO thin and loses heat all over. I've been hanging my hatchet on the handle to keep it closed, and I've been using foil to adjust air vents since I was a kid cooking in the free kettles at the park.

2nd cook was a turkey-
IMG_20210118_182404_257.jpg

I get a little heavy handed when I work, and felt like I was gonna break the damned thing flipping it around 1000x

View attachment 484406

This new thing was I believe $200 flat, $40 for the cover. It is SO thin and loses heat all over. I've been hanging my hatchet on the handle to keep it closed, and I've been using foil to adjust air vents since I was a kid cooking in the free kettles at the park.

2nd cook was a turkey-View attachment 484407

I get a little heavy handed when I work, and felt like I was gonna break the damned thing flipping it around 1000x

Wow - that turkey looks good! I haven’t smoked a turkey yet but that’s got me thinking about it. Looks like you’ve been able to crank out some top notch food with it either way!

Wow - that turkey looks good! I haven’t smoked a turkey yet but that’s got me thinking about it. Looks like you’ve been able to crank out some top notch food with it either way!
We learn the most having to adapt like that!

And thank you for the compliments. I forgot to compliment yours and agree with everyone else that said you clearly have your head on right. The sight that you had tied it down delighted me, lol.

(Here's the full thread about cooking that turkey, btw- https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...ck-sage-stuffing-dressing-with-extras.305000/ )

Reactions: MCQSmoker
Welcome from Iowa! You landed in a great place, very friendly and knowledgeable people here that are more than welcome to help ya out! Your meats look good to me! Jeff's rubs and sauces are great... they are normally our go tos.

Ryan

Reactions: MCQSmoker
We learn the most having to adapt like that!

And thank you for the compliments. I forgot to compliment yours and agree with everyone else that said you clearly have your head on right. The sight that you had tied it down delighted me, lol.

(Here's the full thread about cooking that turkey, btw- https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...ck-sage-stuffing-dressing-with-extras.305000/ )

Awesome thanks, I’m going to give that thread a read then plan out a turkey smoke of my own.

Agree Re: having to adapt - life will be a lot easier when we have legit smokers!

Welcome from Iowa! You landed in a great place, very friendly and knowledgeable people here that are more than welcome to help ya out! Your meats look good to me! Jeff's rubs and sauces are great... they are normally our go tos.

Ryan

Thanks a lot Ryan! You’re right, everyone seems really cool and I’ve been having a browse through some of the threads and they’re getting me hungry. Think I’ll have to give Jeff’s rubs a whirl myself

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky