Newbie from Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CaptKess

Original poster
Apr 7, 2019
I just bought a used Brinkmann Cimmaron. I’m very excited to start smoking. I’m hoping to practice this weekend and hoping to smoke a turkey for Easter.

Welcome! Post a picture of your smoker. Smoking a turkey is easier than you think so read and ask questions! This is a great site and lots of very experienced folks to help out.

Reactions: JC in GB
Greetings from a fellow Minnesotan.
I've been smoking for years, but recently joined the group to learn more
You got a much Brinkmann model than me. But, you have just started the journey.
Use the search feature and read what the other have learned to enhance the smoking experience.

Welcome to the site, and enjoy your new to you smoker.

Chris

Welcome glad to have you on board all the help you may need is here on this forum just ask your questions and receive the replies.

Warren

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 29A659B3-D62B-4A14-B2EF-6D3D170FBE9A.jpeg
    29A659B3-D62B-4A14-B2EF-6D3D170FBE9A.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 14
How did it go for you?
It went awesome!
I was trying to keep my temp at 300, but failed. It stayed between 225 and 270 for most of the cook. The turkey reached temp about 2 hours before I thought it would, so I wrapped it in foil and took it out of the smoker. It was very moist and delicious. It was a huge success.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky