Newbie From England

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Adam_Clements

Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
Hi All,

My names Adam and I'm from England. I haven't been smoking for that long but have managed to achieve great tasting meats, out of pure luck!

I purchased a Chargriller Smokin Pro with firebox about 2 years ago. Have had many BBQs (including New Years Eve) on it and only recently started smoking the meats.

After doing some research on this forum, i have purchased a couple of items to modify the BBQ including - Gasket rope, new thermometers, baffles, extending the chimney down to about 1" above grate level and the must have tool of all, digital thermometer which was about £8! Super cheap but a great addition to have.

Struggled a couple of times with the heat and keeping it at a steady temperature but i think I'm getting there through trial and error.

Haven't tried a brisket or ribs yet but I'm still researching on how to achieve the temperature throughout.

Look forward to seeing new recipes, marinades and how you guys smoke away!

Adam

I have chunks of oak that i use and they do burn for a long period of time which is great. Managed to obtain them through a friend who is a tree surgeon. So i have a bin load full!

What timber do you use?

Recently I've been using maple from a big tree my neighbor had removed about 14 months ago. In stores, I can buy bags of chunked apple, or hickory, or cherry, or mesquite.

One nice thing thing about running a "stick burner" is you can often scavenge wood for free, such as a fallen limb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky