Camp Chef XXL Pro Temperature Control Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WanderingFromKansas

Original poster
Apr 8, 2024
I'm brand new to this forum, and came here specifically to ask this question.

I have a Camp Chef XXL Pro. I've had it for a little more than a year, and have not used it a lot. From the beginning, I noticed that the thermometer that controls the smoker temperature reads significantly lower than the actual temperature in the box. I confirmed this using multiple thermometer sources. This, of course, results in the box being cooler than desired. The issues seems to have gotten worse with time. Last weekend, I had to set the smoker at its max 350 degF to get the box up to 225 degF.

I have not yet, but will, clean the thermometer. Is there anything else to do to help? I love the way this smoker works, except this now major issue.

Cleaning the temp prob is the first thing I would do. After doing this if you still have a big difference Id call Camp Chef's tech support. They may be able to get you a new probe or controller if they deem that the issue.

Some difference is expected but not a huge one.

Reactions: WanderingFromKansas
Howdy and welcome to the forum from New Mexico.

I have the XXL Pro and the temp was always way off.
So the first thing I did was to replace the controller with an aftermarket controller - The Savannah Stoker.

You may not need to do that if it is just your issues is just with the RTD, but it is an option.

Reactions: WanderingFromKansas
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky