new on here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kellyson111

Original poster
Dec 11, 2022
I'm new to the SMF, and a wannabe cheese maker. I absolutely LOVE smoked cheese, especially cheddar. I would really enjoy making an old fashioned "Hoop" cheddar and smoking it.

Any advice on kits, equipment, how-to books or websites, etc?

Nope no advice but wanted to throw out a welcome.
madhouse.jpg

I’ll do a cheese brain dump when I’m not typing on an iPad. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the group. Im not going to camment on the cheese because the only cheese I have been able to make thus far grows between my toes.

Welcome to the group. Im not going to camment on the cheese because the only cheese I have been able to make thus far grows between my toes.
Kinda sounds like fromunda cheese, but it comes from a little higher up on the body.

Ok, here goes.

This should get you through the first few months. If you want to get really serious about it after that, start a new thread in the Cheesemaking forum here and we can talk about my hard-earned lessons about what molds you need and which ones will just collect dust...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky