Long time listener, first time caller.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Calculated

Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I appreciate the forum so much over the years, It's been quite a resource for me.

During my college years I worked at a market in the meat department and learned a bunch about many things meat including how to make sausage. My uncle gave me a barrel smoker and I crashed my way into learning smoking about the same time.

After buying a home I wanted my own proper grinder but lacked the space and spouse to allow that to happen. I made some with a kitchenaid a few times but it is painfully slow although the results were always a hit.

Fast forward to now and I have the place and space, and I just got an LEM. I have a recteq(I know sorry purists but I can still smoke old-fashioned if I need to) and intend on making real food for my boys and I.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing my experiences with the forum.

TL/DR I'm not exactly new, but I know I've got a lot to learn, a long way to go and I look forward to doing it here.

Thanks, Cal

I appreciate the forum so much over the years, It's been quite a resource for me.

During my college years I worked at a market in the meat department and learned a bunch about many things meat including how to make sausage. My uncle gave me a barrel smoker and I crashed my way into learning smoking about the same time.

After buying a home I wanted my own proper grinder but lacked the space and spouse to allow that to happen. I made some with a kitchenaid a few times but it is painfully slow although the results were always a hit.

Fast forward to now and I have the place and space, and I just got an LEM. I have a recteq(I know sorry purists but I can still smoke old-fashioned if I need to) and intend on making real food for my boys and I.

TL/DR I'm not exactly new, but I know I've got a lot to learn, a long way to go and I look forward to doing it here.

Thanks, Cal
Welcome to SMF from North Texas!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: Calculated
rEVgkHr.jpg
Welcome aboard, sharing what you know and learning what you can is what SMF is all about. The archived posts are a valuable resource and a good place to start, but beyond that.... questions or new conversations are always welcome.

Rest assured..., you have come to the right place to explore a BIG variety of cured, smoked, barbecued, canned, grilled items along with things like pizza and bread making techniques and much more.

Thanks, Cal
Greetings from Tampa. Welcome to the forum man!

Brad

Thanks, Cal
Welcome from SE Florida

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky