Need Help on a Pork Loin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netbbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Northeast TN
Is 2-3 days to long to brine a 5-6 lb loin? Cooking on Saturday. Usual brine with kosher salt and brown sugar in fridge in 5 gal bucket and ice water bath. Prob add rosemary and other spices too.

I thawed out the other day and it's in the fridge.  Worried it being thawed too long.

Thanks!

OK, so I had to go for it, worried about the roast sitting the fridge that long.  1.5 cup kosher salt, 1.5 cup brown sugar, 3 cups apple juice, 4 dashes hickory liquid smoke (cooking in an oven), rosemary, 3 or 4 drops of imitation orange flavoring .... and about 2 gallons of water (including 4-5 cups ice).  

Will continue to add ice until Friday evening and then into an iced cooler for the 3.5 hour ride to my mom's and into the oven at 230 until 140 IT and back into the cooler for a nap.

What am I missing, anything?????

Brother and sister an law and 2 kids, Sister and brother in law and another kid, Mom, my wife and I and our 2 kids so a little concerned about getting it right!  IF not, guess we're going to the Outback!  Say it ain't so!

I'd be worried about it sitting in the salt that long.
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky