Looking for a pork tenderloin marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
I've used this Sweetwater Spice marinade and enjoyed it. But I'm looking for a substitute I can make that maybe starts with apple juice.

Description .........

Apple Spice Butt & Rib Bath starts with apple Juice, cinnamon, and brown sugar, then infused with smoked paprika and cayenne to provide the ultimate flavor combination for pork.

Ingredients: apple juice (from water & apple concentrate), kosher salt, tamarind paste, brown sugar, ancho chili, chipotle chili, onion, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, celery seed.

If I use a marinade then it would be teriyaki based. I think teriyaki goes well with pork.

Chris

I ended up with a McCormick Grill Mates Smokey Applewood marinade. And we enjoyed it. Next time I may make my own, but this was plenty good.

With Tuffy Stones Sweet BBQ rub .

20231005_193241.jpg

I think tenderloin is tasty in any marinade. Teriyaki, Jerk, Sweet Chili, BBQ etc. I did two this week both seasoned with Jeff's Rub. Then I brushed one with a bit a mango habanero jelly.

Pork tenderloin is very lean, so a marinade helps it a lot.

And when it comes to seasoning, its a blank slate. Can pretty much take it any direction a person wishes to go.

Reactions: gmc2003
For a dry rub without any liquid marinade Tony Cs creole is my fav.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky