My new sausage stuffer !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
For the last 6 years I have been using a 4 quart Enterprise sausage stuffer with a wiper ring and have found it a pain to reload doing 25 lb. batches of sausage. My wife and I have been wanting to afford a 15 lb. stuffer but seem to always find other things we need/want to purchase. A few weeks ago on eBay we picked up a pre-owned 25 lb. Sausage Maker stuffer for well under $200 with shipping (retail is $925 plus shipping). Now when we stuff our batches there will be no more reloading. Now we are really looking forward to deer season !!!

Niiiccee... hey, you mentioned a 'wiper ring" for the Enterprise...wazz dat? I have an 8 q'er. I have been placing saran wrap in a ring around the piston. The make a ring for this?

Yes they do - works GREAT!!! You will have little to no sausage come up the inside. We bought ours off of ebay. My husband is not around and I dont know how to post pics. I will go take a pic of ours and as soon as he gets home I will have him post one for you.

Tanya

lol she put that "mossy" one down..... the stuffer is now... lol tatonka. we were just discussing what ,when,where, & how to kill something wild lately... me(the hubby & daddy) don't count.... really ready to take some game... ding fer some wild meat... and not just me...
icon_eek.gif

Congrats on the upgrade, and what a sweet deal! Some guys have all the luck...and some guys deserve it, like yourself.

Richtee
Here is a pic of the wiper ring we had for our 4 quart Enterprise -

There is one ring that will work for a 4 or a 6 quart, and then another that works for a 8 quart. just make sure you order the right size.

Richtee
The wiper ring was an eBay find also. You may have to watch for a while, because I notice right now I can not find any on eBay.....

Boy thats a dandy Mossy. I have an old kitchen center that has mixer, blender, meat grinder, etc, all in one. I cobbled up a spout on the end of the meat grinder so I can make sausage (sort of) and it works for the one time a year that I make anything out of last years deer. But it wears me out to cram the meat through it. I think I will look around for a small machine too. What would you recommend for me to get? Also, where do you get the casings? So far, I have just made skinless sausage. Terry

WOW that's a nice sausage stuffer guys! Where were you last night when I had to refill my 5 lber 4 times? That thing looks like it's pick up a car!

WooHoo!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Richtee
It is the type of "plastic" that is used in those white cutting boards that seem to be quite popular. Sorry, but that is the best way I can think of to describe it.....

Great buy...
I got a nice grinder last year and wanted a meat mixer and stuffer also.. I can't believe how much a simple meat mixer is in Gander Mnt. And forget about a stuffer.. Looks like I'll be mixing by hand and using the grinder as a stuffer for a while longer.

i have to agree with djdeb..........it looks like its a jack for the tractor part of a tractor/trailer rig.........
speaking of rigs

nice one

Wd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky