my first smoke + new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice Job, Looks Great !!  
points1.png

Gary

My first attempt at cooking with my new MES30 was pulled pork using a Boston Butt.  It came out great basically following Bearcarver's guidelines.  Now I want to cook a brisket like you did.  What did you use for a rub?  I just used mustard pepper and salt on the Boston Butt.

My first attempt at cooking with my new MES30 was pulled pork using a Boston Butt.  It came out great basically following Bearcarver's guidelines.  Now I want to cook a brisket like you did.  What did you use for a rub?  I just used mustard pepper and salt on the Boston Butt.

What I did was I let the salt and pepper penetrate the meat for 24hr. Rinsed then patted dry, then I used the following rub

30% coarse Himalayan sea salt
20% ground black pepper
20% Turbinado sugar
10% garlic powder
10% onion powder
5% paprika
5% cayenne pepper

I did not wrap it and I smoked it fat side down

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky