my first smoke + new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marauderrt10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Staten Island, NY
So my wife and her parents/grandparents decided to get me a smoker for my birthday. I bought a 15lb prime packer and got it down to 11.89lbs. I started at 12am last night. Kept it at 225 for 10 hours. Then 250 for 2 hours and then finally 275 for the last hour. I was a little nervous but it came out PERFECT. Flat was moist and held its own weight and pulled apart with a slight tug. Point was dripping with juices! So happy my first smoking experience was a success!

Last edited:
Wow looks like you did a great job on your first smoke and a brisket no less! Takes most people awhile to work up to doing brisket I know it wasn't the first thing I tried to tackle! good job!
points.gif

Congrats!  I'm glad it came out well.  How was the smoke flavor from those Pit Boss Competition Blend pellets? :)

That is fantastic that your first smoke is a brisket & it turned out so well!

Awesome job!

Congrats on making the carousel!

Point!

Al

Looks like an amazing brisket. Just a quick tip which will save you for future cooks. Use foil on the drip tray. You will be so happy you did.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky