My first 80Gal RF build... This is going to be a blast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey guys I'm still making progress just had to set the build aside for awhile.
Dave the placement of the gauges make sense now so I need to get some ordered.
Frosty thanks for peeking on my build. Be sure and give me any helpful hints.
Boykjo let's hope so.
Now it's time to weld the FB door on then its axle and spring time'

Hello from South Texas have been following your build and it sure looks like it's going to turn out wonderful happy new year and I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures and the finished product puffing out some thin blue smoke !
Hello Sir...wasnt ignoring your post I had a very busy period for the past couple months but now I'm back to throwing sparks. South Texas Hmmm just think if I was down there I would not be able to catch Salmon but I could hang out with some smokers.

Hey Alaska, any progress, can't wait to see

Gary

R W    any progress on yours?

Gary
Hey Gary.... As you know I have been taking care of my wife since her accident but have made some progress. Im posting photos in a few minutes, thanks for posting about my progress. Your a motivator my friend!

Ok folks...I have been away for some time but Im still slinging sparks so here are some photos of what I have accomplished.

I got the trailer built, had to extend the axle a couple inches. Never build one of those before so let me know what you think!

Instead of just welding an extension I placed a solid piece of square stock inside to make it stronger and to keep things straight.

Time to place it on the trailer.

We are officially stuck together.

Alaska, how is your wife doing, should have already asked. and how are you doing.

Starting to get spring around here.

Like the pictures

Gary

EVERYTHINGS BIGGER IN ALASKA !!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Dave Dave Dave... One of these days I hope I get to meet you. You along with many other members has helped me a great deal and have been very patient with me along the way. I always thought I would never find a more nicer group of people than on the Harley davidson forum but you folks have surpassed them by far.

Alaska, how is your wife doing, should have already asked. and how are you doing.

Starting to get spring around here.

Like the pictures

Gary
Mr. Gary - My wife is very determined to heal up from the accident and has made a great deal of progress. We are kind of going through a spring up here but then again I'm not going to take the plow off the truck just yet. Here is a question for you. What is your definition of control? Here is mine, I got my wife out of the house a couple weekends ago and took her the the Hockey Game in Anchorage. Well since I am old now at least one time per game I need to visit the little boys room. Just like any stadium in the guys room there is a long trough along each wall. I rounded the corner and Hmmm standing there with one had full was the convicted felon that injured my wife. Naturally there were some thoughts that went through my head, most of which would have gotten me a bed in the the facility I work at. So as I was thinking to myself I felt the angel on my left shoulder saying don't do anything crazy and the devil on the other side was jabbing me in the side of my neck with his roasting fork.......The angel prevailed and when I told my wife about it she took me to Buffalo Wild Wings.

I have seen the many ways you guys/gals have used to hold up the end of the CC but I decided to give it a little Alaskan flavor. I had to put a light behind it to show what I did since its still in the shop. I thought it was pretty cool. Dead center in back of it is the dreain pipe.

Very cool touch with the paw! Sounds like the wife has a heart the size of Alaska to have forgiven and you did the right thing, no matter how hard the little devil was poking at you.....

Hey Alaska, I think you answered your own question. Emotion and anger are funny things. In your case good sense and judgment kicked in. Probably my first thoughts would have been the same as yours, But you had your wife with you, who I am sure would have been pretty stressed out to see you carted off to jail for beating the you know what out of a guy that probably deserved it.  I was told something many many years ago "what goes around comes around" And the older I get I see it happen more often than not. the Bible says "Love they neighbor" and "Forgive those who trespass against you" It's hard to do sometimes, and I sure don't think it's an easy task, but you can get caught up in it and let it take over or ruin your life. Focus on the future, you wife getting better and putting the accident behind you. Start putting that energy into your smoker. Good luck and God bless my friend.

Gary S

Hey Alaska, I think you answered your own question. Emotion and anger are funny things. In your case good sense and judgment kicked in. Probably my first thoughts would have been the same as yours, But you had your wife with you, who I am sure would have been pretty stressed out to see you carted off to jail for beating the you know what out of a guy that probably deserved it.  I was told something many many years ago "what goes around comes around" And the older I get I see it happen more often than not. the Bible says "Love they neighbor" and "Forgive those who trespass against you" It's hard to do sometimes, and I sure don't think it's an easy task, but you can get caught up in it and let it take over or ruin your life. Focus on the future, you wife getting better and putting the accident behind you. Start putting that energy into your smoker. Good luck and God bless my friend.

Gary S
Well said my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky