Exhaust for my reverse flow build question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irvin78787884

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 17, 2023
Unionville PA
So I am wonder if it would be better or worse to just make a square exhaust for my reverse flow smoker? Instead of trying to find the pipe I need. I might have enough left over to build it out of the 1/4” plate I am using for the fire box. Is it more beneficial to have round? Does it even matter? Also does anyone know how I would go about figuring out the calculations for the dimensions of it. As it stands in my build I need 1727.08518 cubic inches of ESV above my CC. Thanks for any help.
Tom

Reactions: JLeonard
And then go a little bigger if your going square... Square is a lil more restrictive/drag as it has square corners which in turn creatse more friction.... As to where round is more open with less drag...

Never hurts to have more flow than not enough...

And then go a little bigger if your going square... Square is a lil more restrictive/drag as it has square corners which in turn creatse more friction.... As to where round is more open with less drag...

Never hurts to have more flow than not enough...
Ok thanks I will keep that in mind. I think I have a line on a 8.5” OD pipe but I gotta get over to the place to find out 100% and also if I can get it in a fair size and not 20’ long. This square idea will be a last resort then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky