Exhaust plenum design question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irvin78787884

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 17, 2023
Unionville PA
So does it matter how it’s made as far as size? If I have my research right. The bottom should be at bottom grate height and the top is at the top grate. Also the bottom should be 45 degree angle so it’s not a hard turn into exhaust. Do I have that right?. I like the wider design of #1 in my pic. Would the smaller help flow or hurt flow? Does it even matter? Do I have the height of it correct or should it be shorter or taller?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Or do I do it this way. Say 2” above bottom grate and 2” above top grate. It seems there is a lot of different ways and it might not matter a ton. Idk. I am at the point of lay out and cutting so I gotta decide and stick to one plan. This should happen today if I can nail down one idea. lol I have to used the plentum design because I don’t have enough room to get the pipe inside the ends of the tank. They are not as bulged as a propane tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: JLeonard
Here’s my thoughts. Cut out the entire inside of the tape if u zoom in u should be able to see the lines drawn for the tops of the top and bottom grates.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 7
Hey Irvin - sorry this thread got overlooked. I answered this question over in your build thread already....but I'd say the level is about right. Just not sure how large and/or tall it should be.

Red

Hey Irvin - sorry this thread got overlooked. I answered this question over in your build thread already....but I'd say the level is about right. Just not sure how large and/or tall it should be.

Red
Thanks I replied to ur comment over there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky