Mustard Sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
So, I'd like to try grilling some chicken and trying to use some kind of mustard based sauce. What are your favorite mustard sauces and why? If you have something you feel is exceptional don't be afraid to share. Thanks everybody.

George

This is more of a dipping sauce, but we love it for chicken tenders and topping pulled pork sandwiches. I call it Miracle Mustard...

1.5 parts Miracle Whip
1 part Yellow Mustard
.5 part BBQ Sauce of choice (I go Lillie’s Q Hot Smokey)
Then a dab of horseradish sauce/maple syrup to heat it up or sweeten it up to taste depending on how mild or spicy your BBQ sauce pick naturally is.

Reactions: ksblazer
I get pretty favorable reviews for this sauce:
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ground black pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Mix all ingredients well.
  • For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
  • To serve, warm in a pot over very low heat and use on grilled meats like pulled pork or chicken.

I get pretty favorable reviews for this sauce:
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ground black pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Mix all ingredients well.
  • For best results, refrigerate in an airtight container overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
  • To serve, warm in a pot over very low heat and use on grilled meats like pulled pork or chicken.
It sounds good.
You don't cook it for any period of time? Even to dissolve the solids?

Oh my, there are a lot of great suggestions here. I’m going to be busy trying some of these. Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky