Meat Grinder w/ Saugage Tubes, Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pensacolajim

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Pensacola, FL
I just bought a grinder w/ sausage attachment. My question is the instructions say to leave the cutting blade in, not the grinder plate when attaching the tubes. It seams that the cutter blade would push out into the tube and damage it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Jim

Jim mine has to have a plate in it while stuffing. I do have a plate that is for stuffing tho it has three large oblong holes see anything like that?

What kind of grinder is it?

A no name, lol
Just a cheap one I picked up at Harbor Freight, but I looked at manuels of others on the internet and see the same instructions.

If there isn't a plate in there it would allow the knife to be loose and slide out and hit the stuffing tube or at least I think it would.

Thats what I thought, maybe I should take it back and get the 5-lb stuffer on sale for $79. I have a grinder I can get by with for now.

Personally I like the vertical stuffer

there needs to be a spacer plate for stuffing, unless it is built into the tubes which is highly unlikly. i agree with piney, verticle is the way to go.

If you have a grinder, I'd definately buy the stuffer instead. My son in law and I process 10 or 12 deer a year so we have one of those grinders that does 10 pounds a minute. We used to use if for stuffing, but really didn't like it. I bought a 5 pound verticle stuffer and have never looked back. It is much better then using a grinder.

I agree with the vertical stuffers... Can't live with out mine... Just don't make the same mistake I did. Get the 15lber! My 5lber works great, but every time I use it I keep telling myself the 15lber would have been so much better... lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky