Louisiana, Traeger or Green Mountain Pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ivegotmoxie

Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Southern Maine
I've just purchased a GMG Daniel Boone. I'm waiting for it to be delivered, and in the meantime I'd like to get some pellets so I can burn-in and get smoking!

I've searched the forums and found a few recommended pellet brands- the three available in my area (Southern Maine) are Louisiana, Traeger and Green Mountain. The Louisiana is the best value for the money by weight, but I want to check in an see if any of you pellet smokers have an opinion on which is best. I'll be smoking brisket, ribs, and whole chickens if that matters.

J.D.

Westby, thanks. I've heard good things about those on the forums and didn't realize Cabela's private labeled them. I'll pick some up to try out. Thanks again!

I'm new so take what i say with a grain of salt. I am only a few smokes into my daniel boone. Sales guy recommended Louisiana competition blend. Was actually cheaper than the other name brands and i got more.
The smell is wonderfull and produces a nice smoke ring. Even for a newb like me.
If other brands are better then my waist line is in trouble

Reactions: ivegotmoxie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky