Looking for best way to cook Sirloin Tip Steak?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
We recently purchased a beef, and as I was sorting it into the freezer, I noticed quite a few packages of sirloin tip steaks. I am not familar with cooking these and would like some tips.
Is it a lean cut?
tough cut?
Should I cook it low and slow, or hot and quick?

I would marinate in teriyaki for about 5+ hours and grill directly over high heat. When the meat freely releases itself from the grate flip and do the same on the other side. This is how I cook flank steaks and beef tips.

Chris

I would marinate in teriyaki for about 5+ hours and grill directly over high heat. When the meat freely releases itself from the grate flip and do the same on the other side. This is how I cook flank steaks and beef tips.

Chris

Agree completely with this. Pair it with some jasmine rice and a veggie of your choice and you have the perfect meal. Lots of protein and carbs!

We use ours a lot for fajitas or stir fry. If you cut it when it is half frozen you get nice thin cuts.

Reactions: JLeonard
All of the above is good advice. Since you're gonna have many tougher and leaner cuts, I suggest one of these -

1630010478833.png

They work great. Check out the pic of the sirloin done with it here.

We recently purchased a beef, and as I was sorting it into the freezer, I noticed quite a few packages of sirloin tip steaks. I am not familar with cooking these and would like some tips.
Is it a lean cut?
tough cut?
Should I cook it low and slow, or hot and quick?

It's a shame it's already cut into steaks.
Here's what I did to an 8 pound Sirloin:
Rare Roast Beef (Smoked for Sammies)

Bear

It's a shame it's already cut into steaks.
Here's what I did to an 8 pound Sirloin:
Rare Roast Beef (Smoked for Sammies)

Bear
I agree. When I ordered the sirloins, I asked for 1 1/2" thick. I thought I would be getting the ones similar to what I would get at my local market that were 2-3 lbs. They were huge slabs! I don't think my straight sirloins are over .75lbs. I also told them not to trim the briskets at all. They are maybe a foot long and almost even thickness. I was not to pleased with that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky