Lamb - What to do?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrlederman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
The Big Easy
Hey all,

I have been looking over the forum for information regarding lamb and I am overwhelmed to say the least. I have never done lamb before and I was wondering what cut, temps, rub, wood and pull temp does everyone recommend? Thanks for you help in advance. I am hoping to try some lamb this weekend.

Thanks, Chef Lars. I saw that recipe, but I think I am going to go simple and rub it down with some olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. I may stick it in a roasting pan with some potatoes and onion to make a gravy. Just not sure if I am going to grab a loin or leg, probably whatever I can find and is cheaper!

Let me know how the recipe turns out!

That sounds good too - that's what I usually do. I take it you will do this in the oven - if so, only advice I have is to do it at a low temperature, slow roasting the leg.
Loin is done really quickly and I would just throw that on the BBQ - but that's me :-)

Actually, I am going to use the smoker. I have seen a few people throw a roasting pan in the cooker - meat resting on top of the veggies. I also want to catch any juices that may escape. Who knows though, this is all liable to change tomorrow when I go meat shopping. Do you prefer leg or loin? Just curious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky