• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
So we were looking thru the freezer a couple of days ago & found a WFF Frenched rack of lamb. I guess I must have bought it a couple of years ago and just forgot about it. So I found this marinade recipe:
IMG_1584.jpeg

I mixed it up, and spread it all over the lamb. (I decided not to do any trimming, even though the recipe said to trim off all the fat & silver skin). Then into a vac bag & refrigerate for 24 hours.
IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

Next day, out of the bag, cross hatch the fat, and add some compound butter to the top.
IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

Next stop, R/T
IMG_1591.jpeg

Have the R/T set to 180.
IMG_1593.jpeg

It took about 2 1/2 hours to reach an IT of 125, at that point I took it out & got the Genesis going for the sear part.
In the meantime, Judy was making garlic bread & garlic mashed potato’s. Here she is resting for a few while the Genesis gets up to temp.
IMG_1594.jpeg

Love these sear grates!
IMG_1596.jpeg

Plenty of flair-ups even with the sear grates on.
IMG_1599.jpeg

Had to put a bit of a sear on the bone side too.
IMG_1600.jpeg

This roast just looks fantastic, BTW (never did one of these before, so I’m flying by the seat of my pants).
IMG_1604.jpeg

8 bone roast cut in half (2 night’s meals).
IMG_1605.jpeg

Dinnertime! Lamb, garlic bread, garlic mash, and I like a bit of lemon on my lamb.
IMG_1607.jpeg

This was a very easy to prepare & simple meal. This was the first rack of lamb that I have ever had, and I must have got a good deal on it because I was going to order a couple more until I saw the price. Honestly this was one of the best meals I have made in a long time. The lamb just melted in your mouth, it was more tender than a filet, but had the flavor of a ribeye. Best part is we get to do it again tonight.
Thanks for stopping by!
Al

Wow Al! That is a thing of beauty. Taters and bread looks tasty. My Frizor App showed a rack but I never could find it. Dont remember cooking it. Maybe it will show up someday.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Very nice cook Al. It’s been a little bit since I’ve done a rack of lamb, our Costco has them for a pretty good price……..we like ours with a balsamic glaze……

That looks insane Al.

That marinade/spread is very similar to what I do with lamb so I know what you did was insane.

Awesome job Al.

Nice cook Al. That looks delicious.
Thanks Adam!
Appreciate it!
Al
Great looking meal! Love me some lamb.
Thank you Sir, haven’t had lamb in a while, but will have to have it again soon!
Al
Great looking meal! I think I'd even gnaw on the bones.

Jim
Thanks Jim, we did gnaw on the bones!!
Al
Wow Al! That is a thing of beauty. Taters and bread looks tasty. My Frizor App showed a rack but I never could find it. Dont remember cooking it. Maybe it will show up someday.
Thanks Brian, hope you find it!
Al
Very nice cook Al. It’s been a little bit since I’ve done a rack of lamb, our Costco has them for a pretty good price……..we like ours with a balsamic glaze……
Thank you, balsamic glaze sounds real good!
Al
Awesome looking meal !!
Thank you!
Al
Looks great Al !
Thanks Rich!
Al
Can't remember every having lamb but yours looks great Al ! As does the rest of the meal !

Keith
Thanks Keith, haven’t had lamb in a while, so it sure was a nice change!
Al
Yum! Might need to go buy a rack. Great looking recipe
Go for it Craig! And thank-you
Al
Perfect marinade and perfect cook on that lamb! I can darn near taste it. Great job Al!

That looks insane Al.

That marinade/spread is very similar to what I do with lamb so I know what you did was insane.

Awesome job Al.
Thanks guys!
I just lucked into finding that marinade recipe & it was perfect for our taste!
Al

Al, that plate is nothing short of magnificent!! The lamb is perfectly cooked and looks truly stunning. A testament to a master chef at work. This has me thinking I may need to move my arrival for the S. FL gathering up a day and come to your house for dinner on Wednesday before the event :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky